Wednesday, March 14, 2007

UCSD: AMTRAK TO LA

My shuttle arrived 10 minutes early. And I was the only one in the shuttle. They said that it takes at least 35 minutes to get there. So I figured, I would get to the train station at 3 pm, so I'll catch the train that leaves at 4 pm. And so, I booked that!

I got there at 2:15. Yup! Too early. And I thought to myself, what the heck would I do for almost 2 hours? But, the lady who gave me my ticket asked, "would you like to board the 3 pm train?" I said, "but I was booked for the 4 pm one." She said, "it doesn't matter." So I said, "COOL!"

I waited in line for more than 30 minutes. Ganun pala pag di reserved ang seating mo. =P I was looking forward to the train ride, because in my 10 years in the US, I never rode Amtrak.

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

While waiting, I texted K. Alvs, 'coz I told him that I'll get there at 7. And now, I'll get to the Station earlier than 6 pm. I asked him if that's okay. He said yes. And so that was set.

I sat on the wrong side of the train. Kainis! I sat on the right side. And you don't see anything on the right side most of the time. The beach is on the left side. Inis na inis ako. Pero I didn't want to move na. So I stayed.

It was a 3 hour ride. I fell asleep for about 30 minutes. I thought it was cool they have the Amtrak. 'Coz I wouldn't want to drive for more than 2 hours in a place I wasn't familiar with.

As we approached the LA Union Station, I thought the place looked familiar. And then I remembered the movie, Italian Job. You know the speed chase near the end of the movie? With the Mini-Coopers? It looked like it was filmed there (but maybe it was filmed in a studio that looked like the train station). And I thought, "COOL!"

I got to the Union Station, called K. Alvs (I still call him K. Alvs even though he's more feminine than I am), and waited. He picked me up. Went to his flat. Met his handsome roommate (a musician). And watched him get ready for dinner with Leng and Al (Leng's brother).

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

We went to, shucks, I forgot the name of the place. A Japanese restaurant. GRRR! I really forgot. My apologies. Had dinner and martinis (I didn't finish mine, Leng finished it for me).

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!


Then, we went to Mickey's. ( Pakner, remember Mickey's?) It's ... I can't even describe it ... umm ... go look it up yourselves. =P May pictures din from here, pero I can't post it. =P

They were forcing me to put a dollar you-know-where, but I didn't budge. Al was so disappointed. He gave me the dollar kasi eh. I just gave it back to him. =P

Was it a shock for me? I can't remember anymore. =P The shock probably wore off already.

And then, at around 2 pm, we went home. Kuwentuhan kami ni K. Alvs hanggang 3 am yata yun. =)

It was nice to see Leng and Alvs again, after all this time (2 years yata). =) Ang kulit ni Leng. Grabe! Mas na shock yata ako kay Leng kesa dun sa Mickey's. =P Peace, Leng! And it was nice to hang out with Al (Leng's designated driver).

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

Anyway, that was that.

1 comment:

beng said...

ohhh, i miss alvs! di pa ulet kami nagkikita! do you know his contact numbers? =)

si leng nasa pinas ata ngayon ah. or pauwi pa lang ba ng pinas? nabalitaan ko lang from tenten and ple, kasi nagpabook din daw ng vacation kay tenten eh. hehehe!