Saturday, October 18, 2008

BORED, DISTRACTED, SLEEPY

It's been a while since I last blogged. I'm at my aunt's place right now waiting for the UFC fight to begin and end so that I can go home. And while I brought my laptop so I can study, I'm distracted because my family is too loud. I can't find a quiet place to concentrate. I'm also really sleepy but can't sleep for the same reason - my family is way too loud. So I thought I should just update my blog (for a change).

~o~o~o~

Things are busy at school. As P2s, we're the ones responsible for running all school organizations. And that's on top of everything we need to learn this year (and it's a lot). We have 5 required classes this quarter (2 of them are 5 units each) and I am taking a 1 unit elective. That's why I haven't been able to blog lately. I'm swamped with work and when I do have free time to myself, I tend to use that time to sleep and get some rest (sometimes, I try to catch up with my chores).

I am also working part-time. Only 4 hours a week, which is not too bad. But sometimes I can't help but think, those 4 hours could be used for studying or fulfilling my other responsibilities. But at least I'm still learning at work. I have a great pharmacy manager who loves to teach and I learn a lot from him.

~o~o~o~

I am absolutely the worst bowler ever. My fraternity brothers and I went bowling last night and I scored a measly 44. Haha. The last time I went bowling was 4 or 5 years ago (and even then I was already pretty bad). I had trouble releasing the ball and everyone was afraid that I would end up hitting the pins with the ball. But it was fun bonding with the brothers. They were supportive. Whenever my ball would end up in the gutter, they would say, "It was a good try! You'll do better the next time." And whenever I'd hit 1 pin they would say, "Good job! Way to go!" They're the best!

~o~o~o~

I joined a bunch of classmates in an endeavor to raise funds for research and raise awareness for Juvenile Diabetes Research by walking 2 miles at Crissy Field this morning. Crissy Field has this magnificent view of both the Golden Gate Bridge and Alcatraz. Although it was cold this morning and a bit foggy, the view and the company of my classmates made up for it. It was a fun and fulfilling walk.

~o~o~o~

Okay, I'm officially sleepy. I think if I close my eyes now, I'll end up sound asleep in 5 minutes.

I hope everyone's doing okay. I try to read blogs every now and then and it's good to see updates from everyone once in a while. Take care y'all.

No comments: