Last Friday, as I was leaving my fraternity family dinner, my phone buzzed to notify me of the receipt of a new email. I checked it and it was a notification from Facebook that I have a new friend request. The name did not sound familiar to me at all, so I logged on to Facebook and saw the message, "Are you the Venus from WYD 2002?" And I was surprised.
I met so many people from all over the world at WYD 2002 in Toronto, Canada. And I forgot the names of many of them already (even those who I went with from the Archdiocese of San Francisco). I was not able to keep in touch with a lot of them, sad to say. So it came as a nice surprise that someone from Trinidad and Tobago would remember my name and look me up in Facebook. It's flattering. =)
I met so many people from all over the world at WYD 2002 in Toronto, Canada. And I forgot the names of many of them already (even those who I went with from the Archdiocese of San Francisco). I was not able to keep in touch with a lot of them, sad to say. So it came as a nice surprise that someone from Trinidad and Tobago would remember my name and look me up in Facebook. It's flattering. =)
1 comment:
wow you're really memorable! :)
Post a Comment