My cousin's birthday falls on Superbowl XL Sunday. We'll be in Roseville (near Sacramento - California's Capital City). And I heard it's between the Pittsburg Steelers and Seattle Seahawks (I can't believe the Seahawks got in!). I used to love watching American Football (which Europeans say is not football at all), when the 9ers were good. I never saw the 9ers win a Superbowl, but there had been times when they came real close (to getting to the Superbowl). Ever since Steve Young retired and Jerry Rice moved to Oakland, the 9ers hadn't been a good team at all. SIGH! They're no longer fun to watch. And ever since they started their losing streak, I stopped watching football altogether.
I didn't watch any football games this season. I knew that the Indiana Colts had a long winning streak. I was surprised they're not playing at the Superbowl this Sunday. I don't even know who beat them.
Worse of all, I don't know (since I didn't see either of the teams play) who to root for. I guess I'll go for the underdogs, as I've always done in the past (except when the Denver Broncos, with John Elway, played at the Superbowl).
I didn't watch any football games this season. I knew that the Indiana Colts had a long winning streak. I was surprised they're not playing at the Superbowl this Sunday. I don't even know who beat them.
Worse of all, I don't know (since I didn't see either of the teams play) who to root for. I guess I'll go for the underdogs, as I've always done in the past (except when the Denver Broncos, with John Elway, played at the Superbowl).
1 comment:
really? nanonood ka ng football dati?! grabe, nagustuhan ko lang yon kasi laging pinapanood ni alfredo pag weekend. since i want to spend time with him, i watch it too. then i became fascinated with their emblems and uniforms (which i actually call "costumes"). then i became a convert. =P i rooted for Steelers, gusto ko kasi si Hines Ward eh, laging naka-smile. tsaka sila kasi tumalo sa Colts, at least if they win, which they did, i would feel better na the team that beat the colts is really a good team. =)
ay, happy birthday sa cousin mo. =)
Post a Comment