Thursday, April 19, 2007

RANDOM THOUGHTS

*
I watched Into Great Silence (not shown everywhere) on Saturday. It was a 2 hour and 45 minute film documenting the lives of Carthusian Monks on the French Alps. It was filmed by a one-man crew. No artificial lighting was used. There were no interviews, well, except one. There were no explanations for what the monks were doing at a particular point in time. It was an interesting film.

One unforgettable scene that's etched in my mind forever is the very brief interview with the blind monk (Sorry, his name was never mentioned. I wouldn't call him, "the blind monk" had I known his name). He said, "God is INFINITELY GOOD. Everything He does is for the good of our souls." That's my mantra nowadays.

**
I am giving myself a month and a week to rise from the ashes. I claim the birth of a new me on Pentecost Sunday, May 27, 2007, just as the birth of the new church happened on Pentecost more than 2000 years ago.




3 comments:

beng said...

hmm, interesting nga. je and i are into documentaries too. have you seen Planet Earth on Discovery? it's soooo coooool! =D

but don't watch it while eating, muntik na ko mag-throw up kasi yung tigers, kinain yung baby elephant! *sobs*

MTFR said...

That's a good goal :) Be gentle and patient with yourself though for healing takes time especially when we speak of emotions. :)

MTFR said...

Pentecost has come and gone...have you risen from the ashes, Phoenix?