At lunch today, I read the NY Times that was in our library. The front page was already taken so I had to settle for the Dining section of the NY Times. I was reading the article about the human sushi tray. Okay, to clarify. It's not sushi made from raw human flesh, but rather, a restaurant serves its sushi on human trays. Apparently, the lady that would serve as a tray, would have banana leaves plastered to her body. And the sushi would be placed on top of the banana leaves. Anyway, I don't even know why I read that. I guess I was really bored.
Then, I glanced at the top of the page and saw the word "Kalderetang." And I thought, "No Way!" So I had to read the tiny article to make sure it's talking about the "Kaldereta" that I'm familiar with. And yup! It was! It featured a restaurant called Pistahan in New York. Don't believe me? See for yourselves
Though I was really happy that it was featured on New York Times, I was disappointed. Why? Because the title said, "A serving of Kalderetang, and a guy to explain it." I mean, "Kalderetang" what? Kalderetang a guy? What the heck is that? That's like saying "a serving of poached, and a guy to explain it." Poached what?
Anywho, I wrote to the NY Times, explaining that adding the "ng" to the end of Kaldereta made it an adjective and therefore needed a noun after it.
I'm not sure if it will ever be published at the "Letters" section. It's probably too small an article to even be noticed. But come on! Even if it did appear on the Dining section and not the front page, shouldn't they be making sure that they got all their information right. That's what's journalism is about, right? Or am I making a big fuzz out of it. Anyway, I, at least was able to tell them what's what. I'll let you know if they put my letter up.
Then, I glanced at the top of the page and saw the word "Kalderetang." And I thought, "No Way!" So I had to read the tiny article to make sure it's talking about the "Kaldereta" that I'm familiar with. And yup! It was! It featured a restaurant called Pistahan in New York. Don't believe me? See for yourselves
Though I was really happy that it was featured on New York Times, I was disappointed. Why? Because the title said, "A serving of Kalderetang, and a guy to explain it." I mean, "Kalderetang" what? Kalderetang a guy? What the heck is that? That's like saying "a serving of poached, and a guy to explain it." Poached what?
Anywho, I wrote to the NY Times, explaining that adding the "ng" to the end of Kaldereta made it an adjective and therefore needed a noun after it.
I'm not sure if it will ever be published at the "Letters" section. It's probably too small an article to even be noticed. But come on! Even if it did appear on the Dining section and not the front page, shouldn't they be making sure that they got all their information right. That's what's journalism is about, right? Or am I making a big fuzz out of it. Anyway, I, at least was able to tell them what's what. I'll let you know if they put my letter up.
1 comment:
way to go binut! i would've done that too if i read that article. it's not just to criticize them, but to correct the error. what if may mga nagreresearch and they chanced upon it, di ba? =)
Post a Comment