Friday, April 13, 2007

GRATEFUL FOR THIS 12-HOUR EXPERIMENT

Sigh! I've been doing 12-hour experiments for the past couple of weeks, 3 to be exact. Sigh!

Just an overview of the experiment, which goes for 3 days:

1st day - split cells such that they're 30% confluent after 5 hours (9 am)
5 hours later (2 pm) - block cell division using 2 mM thymidine. Leave thymidine on cells for 19 hours

2nd day - ( 9 am) wash thymidine off. Put new media to help cells grow. Leave media on cells for 9 hours
9 hours later (6 pm) - block cell division using 2 mM thymidine. Leave thymidine on cells for 16 hours

3rd day - (10 am) wash thymidine off. Feed cells with media to induce them to divide.
Collect cells after 8 hours (6 pm), 9 hours (7 pm), 10 hours (8 pm), 11 hours (9 pm), 12 hours (10 pm).

O di ba? Kainis!

Anyway, I'm not suppose to do these kinds of experiments. It's against my contract. But, because of politics at work, and because I'm quitting this job in July, my boss is making sure that she makes good use of me before I leave. I'm usually upset and agitated whenever I'm on the 3rd day of the experiment because I hate staying in the lab for 12 hours.

But not today.

Don't get me wrong. I'm still upset that I have to be here for 12 hours. but something happened today. An angel was sent to me today. O:-)

She's a sister I haven't personally met yet. We were introduced through friendster and YM, but being that she's in the Philippines, I never had the chance to meet her face-to-face yet. But despite the fact that we never met in person, she's been a constant companion and an angel sent by God to me.

It's uncanny how God makes sure that she's online whenever I need to hear God's many messages that I've been blocking off for quite some time now. And today was no exception. I haven't seen her online for about 2 months now. And since I have time to burn (I still have about an hour left before I completely finish the 12-hour experiment), she and I had been chatting. And gosh, she knows and understands what I'm going through. She's able to sympathize with me and at the same time prod me to take baby steps to full recovery. She listens (or reads what I had typed) to everything I have to say and gives me great insights and advices. She's truly an angel. =)

Mitz, you're truly heaven sent, not only to K. Junby, but also to me. Thank you so much for everything. *hugs*

3 comments:

Leo Saguisag said...

Yep, Mitz is certainly an angel, beautiful inside and out. I often wonder why such a wonderful woman would choose such a wicked hellspawn for her fiancé... *shrug*

:-P

In case you don't already, you should keep an eye on her blog: Meanderings

Missed you at the jam session yesterday. Hope your weekend has been well. Catch ya later. :)

MTFR said...

Thanks for the kind words Kate *blush* In the final analysis though, God just really loves you and likes to answer the prayers of his children.

You are in my prayers and yeah check out my lowly blog. It's nowhere as nice as your own or Junby's but it's an attempt to be part of the cyberworld *shrug* God bless!

beng said...

i can't understand much, but that sounds like a verry complicated version of our lab experiments in HS. hehehe! good thing you're touched by an angel!