Tuesday, May 22, 2007

7 RANDOM THINGS

I was tagged by Harbie. And now, I have to tag Kuya Junby and Mitzi (since Harbie tagged everyone else already ... hehe)

This is different from the 25 Random Facts that I did almost a year and a half ago.

#1) I love Pride and Prejudice - the book and all the adaptations that I was fortunate enough to have seen (1940 Laurence Olivier, 1995 Colin Firth, and 2005 Keira Knightley). Although it was the 1995 version that's truest to the book, there were good things in the other two adaptations enough to like them.

#2) I have a thing for good-looking (they don't have to be gorgeous) British actors with great speaking voices. That's why I love

a) Ben Miles (he's not that great-looking but he has great speaking voice),
b) Ioan Gruffudd (If anyone with his kind of voice told me, "If you represent what heaven is, then take me there" in that accent, I would have immediately responded, "Come on! I'll take you")
c) Matthew Macfadyen of the most recent adaptation of Pride and Prejudice. (It was the "No, thank you!" part that got me!)

#3) As seen above, I have a thing for numbered lists. Sometimes, in my emails, when I want to make several points, I list them down complete with numbers. Just recently a friend commented on it with, "YOU EVEN PUT NUMBERS!" It's the scientist in me, I suppose

#4) I have a 4 am flight out of Seattle the day after Abby's marathon. Darn Expedia! It was supposed to be a 7 am flight. But they suddenly switched it and just informed me now! I don't know what to do. Any idea, guys?

#5) I love cookie dough ice cream. Not cookies and cream. Cookie dough!

#6) I just presented my first ever and final lab meeting in the whole 5 years that I worked in this lab. As a "staff research associate" I never had to present anything, since the data directly goes to the post doctoral fellow or graduate student who needs it. And they present the data. But since the graduate student wasn't here when I showed our big boss the data yesterday, she asked me to present. It was the quickest presentation I ever did. Less than 5 minutes (and that's complete with powerpoint slides!)

#7) I'm quitting my job in August 2. The very next day I fly away ... to where? ... abangan. =)

1 comment:

beng said...

#1) you won't believe i just saw the latest adaptation (knightley) 2 weeks ago. i looove keira!!!
#2) i like simon cowell! does it count?
#3) it's just more organized. i do that too, even on some personal emails. and as you can tell from this comment.
#5) cookie dough na hilaw?!?!
#6) congrats on your presentation! bittersweet, isn't it? =)
#7) hmmm, to where? teka, yun ba ang start ng school mo? hehehe!