Monday, December 31, 2007

100 BLESSINGS OF 2007

Before I begin counting down to welcome 2008, I will first count the blessings I received from God for 2007. I know that they number more than 100, but I would probably need a lifetime to enumerate them all. So, I'll just stick to 100. Let's see how long it will take me to list them all.

  1. God's theme for my life in 2007 - NEW BEGINNINGS
  2. The exciting, challenging independent project given to me at work
  3. My loving and supportive parents
  4. My crazy, fun-loving family
  5. Krys and Jen - sisters for life
  6. FLES - I can't begin to say how grateful I am for the blessing of such amazing friends who are there for one another through thick or thin
  7. The Pismo Beach trip FLESK took
  8. The 1 hour mineral springs bath ...
  9. ATV adventure
  10. Visit to Mission San Luis Obispo
  11. My spiritual identical twin, Gerard Fuentes
  12. My older brother (non-biological), Kuya Junby, who would stay up til 3 am or 4 am just to listen to all my rantings, to pray for me, and to give me great advices.
  13. RAINA CHAN - I miss my honey!
  14. Gladys Marie Miguel - super fun friendship. =)
  15. Singles for Christ
  16. Brotherhood of Christian Businessmen and Professionals
  17. Interview at UCSF
  18. lessons I learned from the UCSF interview
  19. Interview at UCSD
  20. Seeing and hanging out with high school friends Alvin and Eileen after my interviews.
  21. the opportunity to discern if I have a calling to religious life
  22. My email exchanges with Sister Mary of the Holy Family, O.P. of the Corpus Christi Monastery.
  23. Meeting Sister Mary of the Holy Family, O.P. in person
  24. Having a two hour conversation with Sister Mary of the Holy Family, O.P.
  25. The big challenge and lesson God gave me at the end of 2006 that went on til mid 2007.
  26. The people God gave me to help me rise up to the "challenge" and not succumb to defeat and despair.
  27. Mitzi, for everything that she did for me and said to me. She's truly an angel sent by God.
  28. gift of healing
  29. My blogger friends (former high school classmates) - Harbie, Erlyn, Cookster, Jane, and Malou. It's wonderful to still know what's going on with them despite the miles that separate us.
  30. Ate Nette's blog - RiverPilgrim - a very inspiring blog.
  31. This year's BCLP - we waited how long for this to finally happen? a loong time ... so praise and thank You, God, for finally providing for the community.
  32. My new AG - Elaine, Lau, Anna, Gianna, Pie, and Olive - new (some old) sisters in Christ who show me how to love God and follow God.
  33. Kuya Ben and Ate Emmy's return to the community.
  34. The birth of SFC's Apologetics Forum - it's a wonderful avenue to discuss how blessed we are as Catholics.
  35. The trip I took to Seattle to meet my high school friends Janelle and Abby.
  36. Everything we did in Seattle was AMAZING and FUN. I'll never forget it.
  37. Stephane Vassilopoulos and all that I learned from him and through him.
  38. Sherard finally getting together
  39. 20-07-2007 - my first ever perfect day.
  40. My plastic pearl necklace
  41. the amazing feeling that sometimes you don't have to do anything and still you get everything
  42. the 750,000 I asked for ... amazing!
  43. the gift of answered prayer
  44. my supportive friends who stayed up with me til 4 am and hiked up and down just to see me happy
  45. Getting in to UCSF.
  46. Linh Pham - my instant friend from school
  47. My European Dream trip to Rome, Venice, Lucerne, Paris, and London with my parents.
  48. Standing inside the Sistine Chapel, staring at Michelangelo's paintings of Creation and Last Judgement and becoming emotional at the surrealness of it all.
  49. Setting foot inside St. Peter's Basilica.
  50. Seeing Paris from the Eiffel Tower
  51. Lighting candles at Notre Dame Cathedral
  52. Watching Avenue Q in London
  53. Catching a glimpse of Orlando Bloom in person after watching Avenue Q.
  54. Marta Chamiga - my constant companion in Europe.
  55. The support of my coworkers in my decision to go back to school
  56. My best friend at work - Ms. Jean
  57. The one I talk to about anything at work - Chris - I miss him
  58. The very useful gifts my coworkers gave me on my last day at work - a tumbler (for coffee to keep me up on days we have classes at 8), and a digital recorder (for me to record all the lectures).
  59. The Immunology book my boss gave me - I'll use it my 2nd year in school and my boss's husband wrote it and my boss will teach the class. =)
  60. realizing through pharmacy school experience that everything is part of God's plan
  61. Going back to school after 5 long years
  62. The camping trip I went with my classmates.
  63. The many opportunities given to us, students, to serve others through school activities.
  64. My shadowing experience at the Poison Control Center
  65. The PUSO health fair I served at
  66. Participating at the Walgreens flu shot clinic in Santa Rosa
  67. Phi Delta Chi - can't wait
  68. The very understanding and nice teachers we got last quarter
  69. October 10, 11, and 12, 2007. Hehe.
  70. Mission Santa Clara trip
  71. The grades that I received that I did not deserve - Thank You God!
  72. 12/07/07 - my second perfect day
  73. My very blessed birthday
  74. The cake Ate Roda bought for me
  75. The mass I heard at St. Mary's that changed my life
  76. The fun dinner / sleep over I had with my friends - the food was courtesy of Raina.
  77. The scrumptious brunch we had the following day
  78. The mass at St. Agustine where God told me He is making all things new.
  79. The bachelorette for Jen / bday celebration we had
  80. The confession I made on December 10, 2007 - best confession ever!
  81. The lunch I had with Alaine that day. =)
  82. My two new godsons - Julio Inigo Concepcion German and Goodrich Almoradie Jr.
  83. Jen's wedding - December 15, 2007
  84. 1-on-1 Gladys and I had.
  85. BCBP successful caroling
  86. The advent recollection I attended led by Fr. Geo.
  87. Czarmaine's engagement - December 23, 2007
  88. The book - Choices: Making the One that Matters Most - that changed my life
  89. My month long break from school. I was a bum for one month!
  90. Spice Girls concert I attended.
  91. December 24, 2007
  92. December 27, 2007
  93. EWTN
  94. God teaching me to be grateful for everything
  95. Learning how to be still and know that He is God
  96. my new life ... by grace through faith
  97. Sacred Heart of Jesus
  98. The Lolo who makes sure I have everything I need when I go to Mass (mind you, I don't know him)
  99. God's victory over one inner demon
  100. God's challenge for me in the next year ... by grace through faith, He will claim victory soon enough.
shucks ... that took me 1 hour to finish! =)

3 comments:

beng said...

ay, parang gusto ko ng ganito... tag me! tag me! hehehe!

Leo Saguisag said...

Wow, I made it to number 12 on the list...

I am truly honored to be counted as a blessing in your life. And I am also blessed to have you as my sister in Christ. :)

beng said...

ayan, na-tag nga ako. hahaha! nakow, matagal-tagal ko tong iisipin! =P