Sunday, December 30, 2007

EVER WONDER?

I used to write a lot. I had lots of thoughts, emotions, and reflections that, I thank God, I had time to write down on paper. I just opened a journal I closed several years ago, promising never to open it again. I wanted to burn that journal and forget all that had happened to me and all the pain it caused me. But I thank God (again) that I did not. I spent a good hour (at least) pouring over all that I wrote. I have to say that I used to write better. Hehe. I was impressed at my writings. Of course, they were not Pulitzer material, but they were definitely better than my writings now. And then I lost my train of thought ...

I thought I understood why I had to go through everything that I went through that I chronicled in that journal that should have been burned. I thought I was able to rationalize everything. I thought I found explanations for everything that happened. But now I am at a loss. I do not understand why things happened. I could not rationalize the events that transpired in my life. And I could not explain why I went through what I went through.

And now I am left wondering. For what purpose did those events serve in my life? Were they supposed to serve a purpose? Or did they just happen for no reason at all? I wonder ...

No comments: