Tuesday, July 18, 2006

ANSWER TO CAN FRIENDS OF THE OPPOSITE SEX REMAIN JUST FRIENDS?

I asked this question 2 months ago, Can Friends of the Opposite Sex Remain Friends? after I got so frustrated with people giving meaning to the friendship I have with a guy. I got so tired of hearing people ask, "is something going on between them?" or commenting, "I wish you guys would end up together." Well, I have an answer for that question now: YES. Friends of the opposite sex CAN remain JUST FRIENDS. :-)

So much for the "ladder theory, Malou

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sure, if no one acts on anything. Hehehe. And because life has become convoluted for both...responsibilities, commitments to other people and/or cause. I suppose even in marriage, that's how it goes. You meet someone new, but because you have been committed to someone else, all decency and respect for the other person makes you turn the other way. So yea, friends of the opposite sex can be JUST FRIENDS, it's a decision, not an incontrovertible truth.

Binut/Keyt said...

nice one, Maloiks! :-)

Basta! I'm happy ... now people can stop "talking!" :-D

beng said...

hahaha! nice maloiks!

true, in marriage, you meet someone new, but it's not only respect and decency that make you turn the other way. love, most importantly, and the thought that you already have the best partner you could ask for in the world, will stop you from even entertaining the thought of getting with this new person. uhm, well, that only applies to happily-married people. hehehe! =P

it's possible to stay as friends, but there will always be some sexual tension at some point, even of nano intensity. what you do with it determines if you will stay as friends or not.

ergo, i'm on malou's side. heheheh!

Binut/Keyt said...

If I may be honest ... "whoosh" ... ganun feeling ko in reading your posts ... haha di ako maka-relate ... or super duper antok lang ba ako? It's not even 7 yet and I'm at work na. WAAH

Anonymous said...

thanks harbs. hehehe. the thing to ask any time you feel a nano intensity of sexual attraction is...so now you know (with certainty how you feel about the other person), what are you going to do about it? hehehe.

i suggest...go home to your spouse! :P

and besides, venus, there is no crime in thought. there may be a sin, but definitely, no crime in thought. it's always an act or omission. yada yada, am reviewing, so pardon me. hehehe.

mwah!!! you friends keep me sane. (and also johnny depp in Pirate's. i just love the guy! :) there goes my public proclamation for capt sparrow.)

beng said...

i'm yet to see Pirates 2! inintay ko kasi si mister, last weekend lang nya pinanood yung part 1 sa dvd. =D

binut, aren't you convinced yet? =) lawyer na yang nagsalita ha! it's gonna be tough calling her bluff. =P