That fateful year (the one where I was beset with grief, suffering, and many sleepless, crying nights) I wrote a reflection about the passage on Matthew 10:37 -"Whoever loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me, and whoever loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me." And I wrote it on July 12th of that year. I just re-read this reflection of mine two days ago, when I tried looking for something in my journal because I had another deja vu experience three days ago.
So, imagine my surprise when I began to read Didache's reflection for the gospel for today, July 17th (arguably, it's 5 days later, but it's still pretty close!). The reflection was for the verse ... you guessed it ... Matthew 10:37. Here it is:
" whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.” – Matthew 10:37
My parents Johnny and Charo Magnaye of Looc, Romblon celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary last January 19, 2005. The best lessons my parents taught me are these:
a) Make the Lord number one in your life.
b) Defend and support the Catholic faith.
c) Don’t make your loved ones an excuse not to serve the Lord.
For better or for worse, my parents served the Lord. Even if our family faced the heaviest problem ever, still my Dad and Mom were there for the Church and for the less fortunate.
In sickness and in health, my parents spread the Good news. Even if Mom and Dad were sick or we their kids were sick, still they made creative ways to do what is expected of them as servants of God.
For richer or for poorer, my parents shared and cared for God’s glory. Rosanna M
Truly, God is a powerful God. I'm amazed.
*`*`*`*`*
What's even more amazing is this: I found an old chat transcript between my friend and I. It was dated July 15th of that fateful year. As I began reading through it, I was shocked to see the same topics we discussed while chatting on July 13th of this year. I found 18 similarities between the chat then and the chat this year. Grabe! Ang weird na nito!!!
So, imagine my surprise when I began to read Didache's reflection for the gospel for today, July 17th (arguably, it's 5 days later, but it's still pretty close!). The reflection was for the verse ... you guessed it ... Matthew 10:37. Here it is:
" whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.” – Matthew 10:37
My parents Johnny and Charo Magnaye of Looc, Romblon celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary last January 19, 2005. The best lessons my parents taught me are these:
a) Make the Lord number one in your life.
b) Defend and support the Catholic faith.
c) Don’t make your loved ones an excuse not to serve the Lord.
For better or for worse, my parents served the Lord. Even if our family faced the heaviest problem ever, still my Dad and Mom were there for the Church and for the less fortunate.
In sickness and in health, my parents spread the Good news. Even if Mom and Dad were sick or we their kids were sick, still they made creative ways to do what is expected of them as servants of God.
For richer or for poorer, my parents shared and cared for God’s glory. Rosanna M
Truly, God is a powerful God. I'm amazed.
*`*`*`*`*
What's even more amazing is this: I found an old chat transcript between my friend and I. It was dated July 15th of that fateful year. As I began reading through it, I was shocked to see the same topics we discussed while chatting on July 13th of this year. I found 18 similarities between the chat then and the chat this year. Grabe! Ang weird na nito!!!
2 comments:
it IS weird... OR, wala na kayong ibang mapagusapan for a whole year! hahaha! one of life's little mysteries, deja vu.
that's soooo funny, Harbs! Oo nga no ... baka nga wala na kaming ibang mapag-usapan. Mind you, hindi 1 year ang pagitan nitong chats na ito. :-)
Post a Comment