The month of July has seen the most deja vu's, thus far. It is really freaking, not only me, but my friends out. For example, around this time that year, my two friends and I had a karaoke night. My friend, let's call her A, sang many songs, but I specifically videotaped 3. My other friend, let's call her B, sang several songs, but I only videotaped 1. Friend A recently got a hold of a magic mic again and sang the THREE songs which I videotaped. And she asked our friend B to sing the song B sang when I videotaped her. We only realized it when we watched the videos on Sunday morning.
And then, around this time that year, A, B, and I (cute!) went to Macy's to buy sunglasses. After the shops closed, we ended up eating at Denny's. Last Saturday, we went to Macy's to buy sunglasses. Then we ran some errands. And we ended up eating at Denny's (because it was one of the few remaining open restaurants).
So, why all these deja vu's? There are several lines of thought that tries to explain why these are all happening:
1) God was answering my prayer. I asked to go through everything again, exactly as it happened, if given a chance. And He's given me my chance.
2) God is just showing me how funny and powerful He can be so I'll stop doubting in His power and might.
3) Everything God did ... He does again ... but in a FINAL and COMPLETE way. (So, I'll have an answer by March to the question I've been asking since that fateful year).
4) God made a mistake. He did not like how the "story" ended that year, so He's saying, "let's rewind. let's repeat that. let's go through it all again. and this time, get it right!" <-- I find this funny. To think that God made a mistake is a bit blasphemous. But it's a cute line of thought. B was the one who proposed this.
I want to make a modification to #4. I think it's more appropriate to say that I made a mistake. God did not like how the "story" ended that year, so He's saying, "let's rewind. let's repeat that. let's go through it all again. and this time, KATE, get it right!"
Thank God for second chances!
And then, around this time that year, A, B, and I (cute!) went to Macy's to buy sunglasses. After the shops closed, we ended up eating at Denny's. Last Saturday, we went to Macy's to buy sunglasses. Then we ran some errands. And we ended up eating at Denny's (because it was one of the few remaining open restaurants).
So, why all these deja vu's? There are several lines of thought that tries to explain why these are all happening:
1) God was answering my prayer. I asked to go through everything again, exactly as it happened, if given a chance. And He's given me my chance.
2) God is just showing me how funny and powerful He can be so I'll stop doubting in His power and might.
3) Everything God did ... He does again ... but in a FINAL and COMPLETE way. (So, I'll have an answer by March to the question I've been asking since that fateful year).
4) God made a mistake. He did not like how the "story" ended that year, so He's saying, "let's rewind. let's repeat that. let's go through it all again. and this time, get it right!" <-- I find this funny. To think that God made a mistake is a bit blasphemous. But it's a cute line of thought. B was the one who proposed this.
I want to make a modification to #4. I think it's more appropriate to say that I made a mistake. God did not like how the "story" ended that year, so He's saying, "let's rewind. let's repeat that. let's go through it all again. and this time, KATE, get it right!"
Thank God for second chances!
1 comment:
freaky! =P
Post a Comment