I had another chiropractor appointment on Friday morning. I woke up at 8 am (hoping Abby was still asleep), got ready for the appointment, woke Lau up and was ready to head off when Abby went out of the room. She was already awake. And being the nice hostess that I was, I just told her to find some food in the cupboards or the fridge and that I'll be leaving for my appointment (now who would want to visit San Francisco and stay with me? probably none). Then Lau and I left. I dropped Lau off her house. She was finally able to get in. Then I went for my chiropractor treatment. After an hour, I was on my way back.
Abby was in the shower when I got home. She went running around the area. I printed out the driving directions for where we were headed, then left the house when Abby was finished getting ready. We went to IHOP for brunch (it wasn't 12 nn yet). Abby had omelet and I had fish and chips. Then we headed off towards Embaradero to pick up her bib, timer then her shirt.
We were able to find a decent parking spot. It was about 4 blocks away. But it was metered and the most you can put in is for 30 minutes only. The line to pick up the bib was not that long. But to pick up the timer, man! it was waay too looong. So, I had to go and put more coins on the meter and meet Abby at the place where she has to pick up her San Francisco Marathon shirt. She picked up her shirt. She loved it! According to her, San Francisco has the best Marathon shirt. :-) Then, we drove around San Francisco to check out where she'll be running.
Most parts of San Francisco I haven't been to. But thanks to Abby, I got myself a tour of San Francisco as well. Hehe. The first couple of miles (maybe 3 miles) was pretty scenic. They have the view of the bay, and the Golden Gate Bridge. I was pretty impressed. We had to stop a couple of times to take pictures. As I didn't bring my camera (stupid Venus!), I don't have anything to show for. =( Maybe once Abby sends me a copy of the pictures, I'll put them up.
It took us, by car, 2 1/2 hours to go through all the places Abby will be running to. It was about 1/2 the time most marathoners take to finish the course.
The last couple of miles was pretty bad. It's the industrial area where factories are. Not many shops, places to eat, people walking could be seen. It was a pretty depressing sight. And Abby said it would be difficult to run that stretch because no one would be cheering and there's no scenic view anywhere.
Anywho, after going around the city where the marathon would take place, Abby and I headed out to Union City so I can take her to ChowKing. Yep, that's right, we have ChowKing here. It was a bit of a drive to Union City. About an hour. We took longer because of the traffic. I think we ended up leaving the city at 4:30 pm - close to rush hour. Abby had been to Red Ribbon and Jollibee, so it's time we checked out ChowKing. It was a disappointment. For one, Abby wanted to get Congee - the only thing she orders at ChowKing. They didn't have any. For another, the food wasn't that great. The pancit canton was soggy. Their fried rice was blah. The mango shake tasted like a Mexican mango concentrate. But at least, Abby can say she's been to ChowKing.
After ChowKing, I took Abby to Santana Row - where rich people shop. It's a smaller, less elite version of Rodeo Drive. We went around, although we weren't really in the mood to shop. It was a bad idea to have taken her to Santana Row after ChowKing 'coz the only other thing you can do in Santana Row aside from shop is to eat. They have a wonderful selection of places to eat there.
After Santana Row, we dropped by the Our Lady of Peace Church, to show her the more beautiful version of Our Lady of Peace. I think the Our Lady of Peace in EDSA was copied off of this one. But see for yourself how different looking this statue is.
Then we went home. Gerard (remember him from the last post?) and Sherrylyn offered to take Abby to see the San Francisco night life. We agreed to meet at 10 pm at home. I think we got home at 9 pm. I decided to sleep a bit. I think I slept for about 10 minutes, then it was time to get ready. But Abby and I ended up looking at pictures. So, I had to text She at 10 to let her know we're not ready and that they should take their time. Gerard was still apparently stuck at Oni's HH meeting (he was the guest speaker) and was not answering his phone.
But anyway, Abby and I got ready. Then we called Reggi - one of our closest friends in HS. Ang daming boo boos dito sa call na ito, but I'd rather not get into them.
Then, finally Gerard and She picked us up. We headed down to Embarcadero (where we were the day before to pick up Abby's marathon stuff) and went to Gordon Biersch (bar). Abby got beer - I forgot which particular German one. I forgot what kind Gerard got too. She and I got Sangria. We just talked. Gerard and Abby hit it off. Gerard found Abby funny and vice versa. Abby couldn't stop laughing at Gerard's animated stories. And Gerard couldn't stop laughing at Abby's tact. Abby asked Gerard if he lives with his mom. Gerard said yes. And Abby followed, without pausing or anything, with "So! You're a Mama's Boy?" My sides hurt from so much laughing. Then Abby found out that Gerard was an only child. So, without skipping a beat, Abby asked him, "So! You're spoiled?"
I'm a social drinker and I don't drink that often, so I don't know how low my alcohol tolerance is. After finishing our Sangria's, She and I ordered another drink. I forgot what She ordered. But I got a Caribbean Margarita. After a couple of sips, I felt it! I was past my tolerance limit. I was drunk. Man! I was so talkative. She was laughing at me. It took a couple of minutes, plus a glass full of water before I became more sober.
Then Gerard and She, took Abby and I to Twin Peaks. At the Twin Peaks, you can see the whole of San Francisco. But it was too foggy. We can only see a couple of feet in front of us. It was a scary drive up the Twin Peaks. At the top, we expected to see no one (since you really can't see anything because of the thick fog), but there were a few parked cars up there. And I'm sure you know what they were doing up there, right? Anyway, Gerard was funny because though we can't see anything, he'd be pointing to something (through the thick fog) and say, "So, Abby, there's the Golden Gate Bridge." Then he'd drive a bit, stop, and say, "and you can see there the Alcatraz." It's so funny!
After that, we dropped by a sister's, Rain, house because Oni's HH was there and he invited us. We ended up staying there until 4 am. And initially, I planned on going to Napa at 8 am. Haha. So, that would have left us with only 3 hours of sleep time. But Abby said we should sleep in. And go to Napa later.
So, the Napa story is for some other time. =)
Abby was in the shower when I got home. She went running around the area. I printed out the driving directions for where we were headed, then left the house when Abby was finished getting ready. We went to IHOP for brunch (it wasn't 12 nn yet). Abby had omelet and I had fish and chips. Then we headed off towards Embaradero to pick up her bib, timer then her shirt.
We were able to find a decent parking spot. It was about 4 blocks away. But it was metered and the most you can put in is for 30 minutes only. The line to pick up the bib was not that long. But to pick up the timer, man! it was waay too looong. So, I had to go and put more coins on the meter and meet Abby at the place where she has to pick up her San Francisco Marathon shirt. She picked up her shirt. She loved it! According to her, San Francisco has the best Marathon shirt. :-) Then, we drove around San Francisco to check out where she'll be running.
Most parts of San Francisco I haven't been to. But thanks to Abby, I got myself a tour of San Francisco as well. Hehe. The first couple of miles (maybe 3 miles) was pretty scenic. They have the view of the bay, and the Golden Gate Bridge. I was pretty impressed. We had to stop a couple of times to take pictures. As I didn't bring my camera (stupid Venus!), I don't have anything to show for. =( Maybe once Abby sends me a copy of the pictures, I'll put them up.
It took us, by car, 2 1/2 hours to go through all the places Abby will be running to. It was about 1/2 the time most marathoners take to finish the course.
The last couple of miles was pretty bad. It's the industrial area where factories are. Not many shops, places to eat, people walking could be seen. It was a pretty depressing sight. And Abby said it would be difficult to run that stretch because no one would be cheering and there's no scenic view anywhere.
Anywho, after going around the city where the marathon would take place, Abby and I headed out to Union City so I can take her to ChowKing. Yep, that's right, we have ChowKing here. It was a bit of a drive to Union City. About an hour. We took longer because of the traffic. I think we ended up leaving the city at 4:30 pm - close to rush hour. Abby had been to Red Ribbon and Jollibee, so it's time we checked out ChowKing. It was a disappointment. For one, Abby wanted to get Congee - the only thing she orders at ChowKing. They didn't have any. For another, the food wasn't that great. The pancit canton was soggy. Their fried rice was blah. The mango shake tasted like a Mexican mango concentrate. But at least, Abby can say she's been to ChowKing.
After ChowKing, I took Abby to Santana Row - where rich people shop. It's a smaller, less elite version of Rodeo Drive. We went around, although we weren't really in the mood to shop. It was a bad idea to have taken her to Santana Row after ChowKing 'coz the only other thing you can do in Santana Row aside from shop is to eat. They have a wonderful selection of places to eat there.
After Santana Row, we dropped by the Our Lady of Peace Church, to show her the more beautiful version of Our Lady of Peace. I think the Our Lady of Peace in EDSA was copied off of this one. But see for yourself how different looking this statue is.
Then we went home. Gerard (remember him from the last post?) and Sherrylyn offered to take Abby to see the San Francisco night life. We agreed to meet at 10 pm at home. I think we got home at 9 pm. I decided to sleep a bit. I think I slept for about 10 minutes, then it was time to get ready. But Abby and I ended up looking at pictures. So, I had to text She at 10 to let her know we're not ready and that they should take their time. Gerard was still apparently stuck at Oni's HH meeting (he was the guest speaker) and was not answering his phone.
But anyway, Abby and I got ready. Then we called Reggi - one of our closest friends in HS. Ang daming boo boos dito sa call na ito, but I'd rather not get into them.
Then, finally Gerard and She picked us up. We headed down to Embarcadero (where we were the day before to pick up Abby's marathon stuff) and went to Gordon Biersch (bar). Abby got beer - I forgot which particular German one. I forgot what kind Gerard got too. She and I got Sangria. We just talked. Gerard and Abby hit it off. Gerard found Abby funny and vice versa. Abby couldn't stop laughing at Gerard's animated stories. And Gerard couldn't stop laughing at Abby's tact. Abby asked Gerard if he lives with his mom. Gerard said yes. And Abby followed, without pausing or anything, with "So! You're a Mama's Boy?" My sides hurt from so much laughing. Then Abby found out that Gerard was an only child. So, without skipping a beat, Abby asked him, "So! You're spoiled?"
I'm a social drinker and I don't drink that often, so I don't know how low my alcohol tolerance is. After finishing our Sangria's, She and I ordered another drink. I forgot what She ordered. But I got a Caribbean Margarita. After a couple of sips, I felt it! I was past my tolerance limit. I was drunk. Man! I was so talkative. She was laughing at me. It took a couple of minutes, plus a glass full of water before I became more sober.
Then Gerard and She, took Abby and I to Twin Peaks. At the Twin Peaks, you can see the whole of San Francisco. But it was too foggy. We can only see a couple of feet in front of us. It was a scary drive up the Twin Peaks. At the top, we expected to see no one (since you really can't see anything because of the thick fog), but there were a few parked cars up there. And I'm sure you know what they were doing up there, right? Anyway, Gerard was funny because though we can't see anything, he'd be pointing to something (through the thick fog) and say, "So, Abby, there's the Golden Gate Bridge." Then he'd drive a bit, stop, and say, "and you can see there the Alcatraz." It's so funny!
After that, we dropped by a sister's, Rain, house because Oni's HH was there and he invited us. We ended up staying there until 4 am. And initially, I planned on going to Napa at 8 am. Haha. So, that would have left us with only 3 hours of sleep time. But Abby said we should sleep in. And go to Napa later.
So, the Napa story is for some other time. =)
3 comments:
Fun!!! :) Am putting off fun for a while. Hehehe. Take care. And regards to Abby.
nag-drive around din kami ni abby before her run here. naligaw pa kami, at nagtanong sa Sheriff, hehehe! on to the next adventure! =)
Malou, the operative term is "for a while." I'm sure after September, todo party ka na! Good luck sa iyo. I'm sure you'll do well no, ikaw pa!
Harbs ... naligaw din kami ... buti na lang may mapa kaming dala. Magaling na "GPS navigation system" si Abby. =)
Post a Comment