This is Abby's big day. This is the day of the San Francisco Marathon. I didn't even know we had a marathon in San Francisco. Thanks to Abby, I found out about it. Hehe.

Abby, as always, woke up earlier than I did. She was finishing up when she woke me up at around 4:20 am. I think, we said we were going to leave at 4:30 am to get to the site (we didn't know which streets they were going to close) by 5 am. I took a quick shower and left by 4:45 am.
They did close a street I wanted to go through. But thankfully, Abby and I brought a map and we found our way shortly. We got there at around 5 am.
There were a lot of people! It was still dark and it was kinda cold. I was wearing my jeans, shirt, and jacket. And Abby was wearing shorts and short sleeved shirt. And yet she was fine. I walked with her to her "corral." She wanted to start with the fourth wave. As we went, I couldn't help but smile. Thanks to Abby, though I'm not participating in the marathon, I'm glad I get to see the event. I'm amazed at all those people (most especially Abby), who had the determination to train and finish a 26.2 mile run.
Abby stretched for a bit, while I took pictures of the Bay Bridge. =) I'm a good for nothing photographer. Then people started walking, so Abby joined them. She said goodbye to me and she was off. I waited til I heard the announcer tell the fourth wave to go. Then I tried to find a place for me to hang out for about an hour, while I figure out how to get to the half mark by public transit - I didn't want to lose my spot as it was free. But as I walked the empty streets of Embarcadero, I felt uncomfortable. I don't normally hang around downtown San Francisco by myself, especially not this early. So, I ended up deciding to go home.

It was good I went home, 'coz then I was able to get the directions to the Golden Gate park, where the half mark was. But the only thing about going home was, I left home later than I should have had. So I wasn't able to go to the half mark. I went to see Abby more than a mile and a half past the half mark. And I thought I missed her already. 'Coz I had no way of knowing where Abby was. I wished she had a GPS tracking device on her, so I would have known where she was. I vowed to wait for 20 minutes and then leave. After 10 minutes of waiting, I saw Abby! =) Then I left. Hehe. Ang bilis no!

Then I went home for a bit. Then went to pick up Abby na. I saw her cross the finish line, but I wasn't able to take a picture. Nataranta ako when I suddenly saw her. Hehe. I'm not good at taking picture of moving subjects. =)

Abby's there. Try to find her. You probably can't see her.
Then, I tried to meet her by the finish line. I missed her pala. I tried waiting for her. So, naunahan pa ako ni Abby sa meeting place talaga namin. Hehe. Sowi Abby.
Then, I made her walk to where I was parked. Poor Abby. I took pictures of her first.



Then, we went to the Cheesecake Factory. There weren't too many people. So as soon as we got there, we were seated. Abby went to change sa restroom while I ordered our food. I forgot na what we had. Hehe. Basta, Abby had rice. She wanted something with rice. Then I forgot what my order was. Hehe. We ordered dessert. Something with Lemon. Shucks! My memory's failing me. We didn't finish it. We were so full.
After Cheesecake Factory, we went to Alcatraz!

Last time Abby was here, I planned to take her to Alcatraz. But apparently, you needed to get your tickets way before. So, Abby and I went on a Bay Cruise instead. So, I promised that when she comes back, we'll go to Alcatraz.
While waiting to board the ferry, Abby and I spotted a cute European and we tried to follow him, but he was aloof and he walks real fast.

It's been ages since I went to Alcatraz, so I forgot that you have to walk quite a bit to get to the cell house. Poor Abby. She had to walk uphill, after running 26.2 miles. She didn't have a jacket and it was pretty chilly. Hay! Kawawa talaga si Abby.
Alcatraz for me is depressing. So, if Janey, Harbs, Alfredo, Erlyn and Malou wants a tour of it, I'll go with you on the Ferry ride. I'll go up with you to the Cell House. But I won't go in with you. I'll just take a picture of the birds that made their homes in Alcatraz. =)


After Alcatraz, we were both tired, so we went home. But before that, we bought Abby's Koreanovela DVD set, Love Story in Harvard - the one she and Lau watched on Thursday night. Abby loved it and wanted her own set. Then, we went to Pizza Hut to pick up our dinner (they don't deliver around the area where we live). Abby talked to Janelle, while we were waiting for our Pizza. We vowed to watch at least 2 episodes (1 hour each) of the Koreanovela (Korean language, English subtitles), but I fell asleep in the middle of the 1st one (around 9 pm). I don't know how long Abby stayed up. Hehe.
And that was the end of Sunday.

Abby, as always, woke up earlier than I did. She was finishing up when she woke me up at around 4:20 am. I think, we said we were going to leave at 4:30 am to get to the site (we didn't know which streets they were going to close) by 5 am. I took a quick shower and left by 4:45 am.
They did close a street I wanted to go through. But thankfully, Abby and I brought a map and we found our way shortly. We got there at around 5 am.
There were a lot of people! It was still dark and it was kinda cold. I was wearing my jeans, shirt, and jacket. And Abby was wearing shorts and short sleeved shirt. And yet she was fine. I walked with her to her "corral." She wanted to start with the fourth wave. As we went, I couldn't help but smile. Thanks to Abby, though I'm not participating in the marathon, I'm glad I get to see the event. I'm amazed at all those people (most especially Abby), who had the determination to train and finish a 26.2 mile run.
Abby stretched for a bit, while I took pictures of the Bay Bridge. =) I'm a good for nothing photographer. Then people started walking, so Abby joined them. She said goodbye to me and she was off. I waited til I heard the announcer tell the fourth wave to go. Then I tried to find a place for me to hang out for about an hour, while I figure out how to get to the half mark by public transit - I didn't want to lose my spot as it was free. But as I walked the empty streets of Embarcadero, I felt uncomfortable. I don't normally hang around downtown San Francisco by myself, especially not this early. So, I ended up deciding to go home.

It was good I went home, 'coz then I was able to get the directions to the Golden Gate park, where the half mark was. But the only thing about going home was, I left home later than I should have had. So I wasn't able to go to the half mark. I went to see Abby more than a mile and a half past the half mark. And I thought I missed her already. 'Coz I had no way of knowing where Abby was. I wished she had a GPS tracking device on her, so I would have known where she was. I vowed to wait for 20 minutes and then leave. After 10 minutes of waiting, I saw Abby! =) Then I left. Hehe. Ang bilis no!

Then I went home for a bit. Then went to pick up Abby na. I saw her cross the finish line, but I wasn't able to take a picture. Nataranta ako when I suddenly saw her. Hehe. I'm not good at taking picture of moving subjects. =)

Abby's there. Try to find her. You probably can't see her.
Then, I tried to meet her by the finish line. I missed her pala. I tried waiting for her. So, naunahan pa ako ni Abby sa meeting place talaga namin. Hehe. Sowi Abby.
Then, I made her walk to where I was parked. Poor Abby. I took pictures of her first.



Then, we went to the Cheesecake Factory. There weren't too many people. So as soon as we got there, we were seated. Abby went to change sa restroom while I ordered our food. I forgot na what we had. Hehe. Basta, Abby had rice. She wanted something with rice. Then I forgot what my order was. Hehe. We ordered dessert. Something with Lemon. Shucks! My memory's failing me. We didn't finish it. We were so full.
After Cheesecake Factory, we went to Alcatraz!

Last time Abby was here, I planned to take her to Alcatraz. But apparently, you needed to get your tickets way before. So, Abby and I went on a Bay Cruise instead. So, I promised that when she comes back, we'll go to Alcatraz.
While waiting to board the ferry, Abby and I spotted a cute European and we tried to follow him, but he was aloof and he walks real fast.

It's been ages since I went to Alcatraz, so I forgot that you have to walk quite a bit to get to the cell house. Poor Abby. She had to walk uphill, after running 26.2 miles. She didn't have a jacket and it was pretty chilly. Hay! Kawawa talaga si Abby.
Alcatraz for me is depressing. So, if Janey, Harbs, Alfredo, Erlyn and Malou wants a tour of it, I'll go with you on the Ferry ride. I'll go up with you to the Cell House. But I won't go in with you. I'll just take a picture of the birds that made their homes in Alcatraz. =)


After Alcatraz, we were both tired, so we went home. But before that, we bought Abby's Koreanovela DVD set, Love Story in Harvard - the one she and Lau watched on Thursday night. Abby loved it and wanted her own set. Then, we went to Pizza Hut to pick up our dinner (they don't deliver around the area where we live). Abby talked to Janelle, while we were waiting for our Pizza. We vowed to watch at least 2 episodes (1 hour each) of the Koreanovela (Korean language, English subtitles), but I fell asleep in the middle of the 1st one (around 9 pm). I don't know how long Abby stayed up. Hehe.
And that was the end of Sunday.
3 comments:
grabe, may routine na talaga si abby ah. ganon din kami nung tumakbo sya dito! see: http://kam-beng.blogspot.com/2006_02_01_kam-beng_archive.html
bakit naman depressing yung Alcatraz? nakita ko lang sya from afar, di pa ko nakakapasok.
hehe ... oo nga no ... pareho yung ginawa niya dito atsaka diyan. =) maybe it helps her.
depressing Alcatraz kasi it's old, it's dirty (at least it looks dirty), it's empty. tapos pa, you know that there were broken spirits, and broken families because of that place.
oh! nag audio tour din kami ... tapos some of the former inmates had something sad to say about Alcatraz din.
well, you're right. pero when you think about it, some of the people who were detained there were there for a good reason.
you just got me googling up "alcatraz" and reading about the famous inmates there. only Al Capone rings a bell though. =P
Post a Comment