Wednesday, December 20, 2006

NEW BEGINNINGS

This is a post from my religious blog which is no longer viewable by public. There's a reason I'm putting this up. And you'll need to read the post above to understand why.

Exactly two years ago, my friend and I got lost through some mountain. I was not at all familiar with the area. Not knowing how to get back to the City, I ended up following this van, in front of me, believing and trusting that the driver of that van will take me to my destination. That van disappeared, after the turn. I have no idea where it went, so I just followed the single path before me. After 10 minutes of driving, I started panicking. I had no idea where that path will lead me, how far away from my destination will it take me, and how to get back to my destination, on time. After more than 20 minutes of driving, through the dark mountain area (no other cars were in sight), my friend and I found our way back. Traumatized from the incident, I cried my fears away. And God said, "I was just taking you for a stroll. I was going to lead you back into the same path. You need not have worried."

Several years ago, God derailed me from the path I was carefully and meticuously following. And, naturally, I cried bucket of tears. I had a goal in mind. I had a time table set in place. And God was not cooperating. He destroyed the dreams I had for myself. And I was lost. Or so I thought.

It turns out, God was just taking me for a stroll. A nice, beautiful stroll in the park, wherein He showed me who He is. Through this stroll, I got to know Him more (and that includes His Mystical Body). Through this stroll, I was transformed through His grace. Through this stroll, He allowed me to be pushed beyond my limits that I may grow stronger and more determined. Through this stroll, He allowed me to appreciate all the blessings He has been showering me with. I can go on and on with all that God did with me and to me, through this stroll in the park I had with Him. But I won't do that.

Instead, I'll talk about how God allowed me to go through a series of deja vus. This year, 2006, was weird. Not only did I experience a lot of deja vus, a song and a movie entitled "Deja Vu" were released this year. Much of the first half of the year I spent trying to figure out why I had to live parts of my life over. I had a lot of possible explanations, but now I know exactly why.

My stroll through the park with God is coming to an end. And though God will still be with me in the next adventure ahead, we won't be strolling. I have no idea how wild the next adventure will be, but my assurance is that God will always be with me.

But before this wonderful experience ends, God, in His greatness and power, decided to remind me of the highlights of my stroll in the park with Him, not by making me read the chronicles I've written about the events, but rather, by making me re-live them. This year is my year of recollection, the year where I remember all the good things God allowed me to have and go through. This is also the year wherein I relish and cherish the lessons I learned in my walk with Him, that I may bring them with me in the adventures about to come. He is already preparing me for next year.

In the next year, my stroll in the park with Him ends. It will be a year of NEW BEGINNINGS for Him and me. I can't wait!

No comments: