I know it's still winter and it's still several months before spring arrives, but as I anticipate a new life and a new beginning next year (late spring), I decided to do an early spring cleaning. And boy! Do I have a lot of stuff to throw away.
I'm a pack rat. In my 8 years of living in this house, I've accumulated tons and tons of junk. And being that I'm a sentimental person, whenever I get tempted to throw stuff away (to make room for more stuff I'm about to accumulate), I get all weepy and nostalgic. Every little thing I do have in my room has events and memories associated with them. So I end up not throwing anything away.
But that has got to change. On my birthday, I cleaned out half my closet. And now, before the year ends, I am determined to clean out as much of my room as possible. And one of the things I found was my Catechism book. I used to teach Religion to 4th graders. I found the book I used, the little craft projects we do in class, the researches I did on certain topics. And I have to say, although it was difficult to keep your students' attention on a Saturday morning, I miss it. I taught for 5 years, and because my new community meets on Saturday mornings, I had to give it up. And now, I'm being nostalgic again.
I suppose it's really time to move on. To try new things. To set foot on new adventures. Can't wait! =)
I'm a pack rat. In my 8 years of living in this house, I've accumulated tons and tons of junk. And being that I'm a sentimental person, whenever I get tempted to throw stuff away (to make room for more stuff I'm about to accumulate), I get all weepy and nostalgic. Every little thing I do have in my room has events and memories associated with them. So I end up not throwing anything away.
But that has got to change. On my birthday, I cleaned out half my closet. And now, before the year ends, I am determined to clean out as much of my room as possible. And one of the things I found was my Catechism book. I used to teach Religion to 4th graders. I found the book I used, the little craft projects we do in class, the researches I did on certain topics. And I have to say, although it was difficult to keep your students' attention on a Saturday morning, I miss it. I taught for 5 years, and because my new community meets on Saturday mornings, I had to give it up. And now, I'm being nostalgic again.
I suppose it's really time to move on. To try new things. To set foot on new adventures. Can't wait! =)
No comments:
Post a Comment