My lab went out for a Christmas lunch earlier today (I actually just got back). It was raining, so we all had our umbrellas with us. I have a dingy old umbrella with me. It's small, and it's ugly, but it works (it keeps me from getting wet) so I can't really complain.
When we got to the restaurant, they had this basket where people put in their umbrellas. I didn't want to put mine in there because I was afraid that someone would take it. I mean, it's old and ugly, but I would still want an umbrella to keep me from getting drenched, right? I had no choice 'coz it's the restaurant's policy that everyone keep their umbrella in that basket. So, I put mine in.
When it was time to leave, I picked up my umbrella. No other umbrella in the basket looked like it and everything else was a different color. When I opened it outside, I noticed that it was bigger. I also noticed that the handle was different. I realized that someone else mistook my umbrella for theirs and ended up going out of the restaurant with it. So, I ended up having an umbrella upgrade. =) I have a cooler and better umbrella now! And to think I didn't want to leave my umbrella there in the first place. =P
When we got to the restaurant, they had this basket where people put in their umbrellas. I didn't want to put mine in there because I was afraid that someone would take it. I mean, it's old and ugly, but I would still want an umbrella to keep me from getting drenched, right? I had no choice 'coz it's the restaurant's policy that everyone keep their umbrella in that basket. So, I put mine in.
When it was time to leave, I picked up my umbrella. No other umbrella in the basket looked like it and everything else was a different color. When I opened it outside, I noticed that it was bigger. I also noticed that the handle was different. I realized that someone else mistook my umbrella for theirs and ended up going out of the restaurant with it. So, I ended up having an umbrella upgrade. =) I have a cooler and better umbrella now! And to think I didn't want to leave my umbrella there in the first place. =P
2 comments:
oooh! libre upgrade! although, kawawa naman yung nakakuha ng cutie (read: maliit) umbrella mo, baka di sya kasya don kung malaki siya! hehehe!
hehe ... oh well ... he or she should've checked carefully if that was truly his or her umbrella ... too bad for him or her ... but it was good for me. *evil grin*
Post a Comment