I received the perfect Christmas gifts on December 20th and 21st. (yep, I got them on two different days) And they are my interview invitations at University of California San Francisco and University of California San Diego. They're spaced two days apart - Feb. 8 (SF) and Feb. 10 (SD). So, the plan is, interview in SF on the 8th, fly to SD on the 9th, and interview in SD on the 10th and enjoy SD til the 11th. =)
Anyway, because this is an interview, I needed to buy me a suit. I never had my own suit. I used to borrow Krys' suit for the 3 job interviews I had (including the one I had for my current job) and for my UCSF Med School interview. This time, I wanted my own suit, so I decided to go to Macy's after Christmas (26th) to take advantage of the sales they would have.
I went to Macy's in Roseville. Am not familiar with that Macy's since we only go there once in, say, 3 months. And I couldn't find their suits. They were all scattered everywhere, unlike in Macy's Serramonte (Daly City), they are all in one section, named, "Perfectly Suited." So, I was getting frustrated. Not only they were so difficult to find, they were too expensive for my taste. After all, I would only use it twice this year. The jacket alone costs $179.00. Add the skirt, and I would have to shell out an additional $79.00. And I only found one suit. I didn't like the style of the jacket nor of the skirt, so I said that I'll check out Macy's in Daly City.
I went out of Macy's and saw, in the mall, New York and Company. The signs boasted of sales up to 60% off, and I had with me a coupon that takes $30 off of a $75 purchase. So, I checked the sales out. Lo and behold I found me suit! =) I found the skirt I wanted, the jacket I wanted, and the blouse I wanted. Tried them on and I felt I was "perfectly suited." So, I ended up buying them. Guess how much it all cost? $48.00 (after use of coupon). I was so happy with my purchase. =)
So, now I'm ready to face my interviewers with my perfectly suited suit. =P
Wish me luck!
Anyway, because this is an interview, I needed to buy me a suit. I never had my own suit. I used to borrow Krys' suit for the 3 job interviews I had (including the one I had for my current job) and for my UCSF Med School interview. This time, I wanted my own suit, so I decided to go to Macy's after Christmas (26th) to take advantage of the sales they would have.
I went to Macy's in Roseville. Am not familiar with that Macy's since we only go there once in, say, 3 months. And I couldn't find their suits. They were all scattered everywhere, unlike in Macy's Serramonte (Daly City), they are all in one section, named, "Perfectly Suited." So, I was getting frustrated. Not only they were so difficult to find, they were too expensive for my taste. After all, I would only use it twice this year. The jacket alone costs $179.00. Add the skirt, and I would have to shell out an additional $79.00. And I only found one suit. I didn't like the style of the jacket nor of the skirt, so I said that I'll check out Macy's in Daly City.
I went out of Macy's and saw, in the mall, New York and Company. The signs boasted of sales up to 60% off, and I had with me a coupon that takes $30 off of a $75 purchase. So, I checked the sales out. Lo and behold I found me suit! =) I found the skirt I wanted, the jacket I wanted, and the blouse I wanted. Tried them on and I felt I was "perfectly suited." So, I ended up buying them. Guess how much it all cost? $48.00 (after use of coupon). I was so happy with my purchase. =)
So, now I'm ready to face my interviewers with my perfectly suited suit. =P
Wish me luck!
2 comments:
Goodluck!!! Even by Manila standards $48 for suit set is a steal. Wow. :) Happy New Year!
luck! *hugs pakner* =D
Post a Comment