Thursday, May 04, 2006

COULD THIS BE IT?

On Easter Sunday, the day my blogging hiatus ended, I put up a post about an experience of deja vu, almost biweekly, beginning this year. Since that post, I've gone through 4 other deja vu experiences. Anyway, even though I said I won't think about it much, I've still been trying to come up with an explanation for it.

Although I'm not a biblical scholar, nor do I study the Bible, I read it once in a while. And I've heard from many people (priests, and lay people alike) that the New Testament is hidden in the Old T. And that the Old T. is fulfilled in the New T. There are, apparently, events that happened in the Old T that happened again (in a similar yet different way ... isn't this confusing?) in the New T. (sounds familiar?)

Anyway, this is just a presumption (or a wishful thinking) on my part, but what I found could be an explanation of what's been happening to me as of late. I've read something written by Fr. Steve Tynan and I quote, "With Jesus comes the fulfillment of all of the Old Testament promises and images. Everything that God did with the Jews He does again through Jesus, but in a final and complete way."

So does that mean that everything God did to me a couple of years back He's doing to me again but in a final and complete way?

HMM ...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The belief that in Jesus Christ, the old testament is fulfilled is a key tenet of the Christian faith. Jesus himself speaks of this in Luke 4:18-21.

As far as what God is doing in your life now, it is certainly possible. Perhaps God is putting the finishing touches on His masterplan for you? :)

Binut/Keyt said...

I like that last sentence - God is putting the finishing touches on His masterplan for me. Yep. That could be it! :-D

beng said...

i believe everything happens for a reason, so fulfillment or not, something good will come out of it in the future. ;-) keep us posted! hehehe!

Binut/Keyt said...

good point B-Harbs! :-)