So, I finally decided I won't be going to medical school. (That was a five year wait, mind you). I have plans of going back to school full-time in the next year, God willing. I am really looking forward to starting towards the path of this new career (I won't say what it is yet, as my father has no idea just yet). I am taking a class this summer and this fall to fulfill the prerequisites that they do have. I am also looking to volunteering to learn more about this profession I would be doing for the rest of my life. I am excited to start the application process already.
So, last week, I started taking out my MCAT (Medical College Admissions Test) books out. It filled half my 4-tier bookshelf. And as I took them out, with the purpose of disposing them, I felt really sad. All my life, I had it ingrained in my mind that I will be going to medical school and becoming a doctor. It wasn't easy to part with those books, a symbol of my childhood dream of becoming a doctor. It took a while for me to let it go. By Saturday afternoon, they will be shipped to a new owner. SIGH!
Monday, May 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
hmmm, naiintriga ako ah. =)
about parting with your books, i have the exact same sentiments when i gave away most of my toys. not that i wanted to be a toymaker when i was a kid, but something about them being part of my childhood makes it hard for me to give them away. although alam ko namang di ko na magagamit or malalaro, parang ayaw ko pa rin ipamigay.
grabe, ganon na ba tayo katanda? these thoughts remind me of war veterans who keep their dogtags, uniform, boots, etc. =)
you'll know soon enough. really need to talk to my dad about it. sama naman kung alam na ng lahat ng tao except for him di ba? :-)
i know how you feel. senti akong tao. kaya "cluttered" masyado room ko. I think I still have our class shirts from high school. I don't use it. Pero nakatago pa rin siya. :-)
Yep, Harbs! Tanda na tayo!!!
Oh hush, you two are not that old. :P
I think wanting to cling to something of our past is very human. After all, like it or not, our past is part of us and and has made us into the people that we are today.
I bet my office is waaaaaay more cluttered than your room is. :P
Hehe ... na-feel mo ba ang age mo K. Junby? :-P
I'm not sure about your office being more cluttered than my room is. :-)
Only when you guys or Mitzi talk about feeling old (and I think Mitzi only tells me that to rub in the fact that she's younger than I am :P).
Should I post photos of the chaos of my office? :)
Post a Comment