25 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME:
1) I was really tiny when I was born - 4 1/2 lbs, I think. My mom told me that I looked like a mouse 'coz I was really small. But a couple of days later, I was bloated. All head, big cheeks, no neck. :-) Hehe.

2) I have a big mole on my forehead. It's hidden underneath by bushy (now straightened) hair. People used to say, when I was younger, "she must be really smart, she has such a big mole on her forehead." I never did understand the connection. :-)
3) The first thing my parents got me was this tiny pillow, which was appropriately named "Unan Liit." Hehe. Very imaginative, no? It was my safety blanket growing up. I remember my grandmother washed it and sewed it and I cried 'coz it wasn't the same anymore. I used it until I was 18. I just couldn't sleep without it. I still have it but no longer use it.
4) My first toy was a tweety bird that has a string you can pull and it'll start playing lullabye. It's still with me and it still works. It's on display in my room. :-P
5) I looked like a boy when I was about 4. Hehe. I have this picture where I thought I looked like Nino Mulach. Feeling ako masyado. Hehe. Although, check it out yourself and let me know if I do look like him or I'm just delusional.

7) I had a photographic memory when I was young. (Don't know what happened to my memory ... WAAH!). When I was about 3, my mom had these Sesame Street cards that teaches kids how to recognize numbers and how to count. I remember #13, it had a picture of Cookie Monster with 13 (baker's dozen, I suppose) cookies. I ended up memorizing the cards, so as soon as I see the background of the card (without seeing the complete picture or the number), I'd yell out the number. My mom was amazed! She thought I was psychic. More like psycho now, though!
8) My mom, being a Chemistry teacher, taught me when I was 7 years old that water is H2O. And I said, "wait, isn't that spelled W-A-T-E-R? What do you mean, "H-I-J-K-L-M-N-O?" (H to O ... Hehe ... my funny blooper). Then she said, "No, it means that water has an oxygen with two hydrogens attached to it on each side. H-O-H. 2 H and 1 O. The two is a subscript (with matching 'air writing')." Of course, I only remembered her explanation when I took Chemistry in High School.
9) To follow up on #8, after that H20 incident, I soon began chanting, "N-A-C-L - salt," "C-H-3-C-O-O-H - vinegar," etc. I blame my mother for turning me into such a dork!
10) My childhood best friend is Mary Christine B. Reyes. Growing up was fun because I had her to share all that I went through. We were inseparable all throughout grade school. We were known as the "pinagbiyak na bao."
*I'll post a picture of Teeny soon!*
11) Mary Christine and I shared a crush in 4th grade. I'm still pretty amazed by how Teeny handled that situation. Normally best friends fight over boys (tama ba?). But when I admitted to her that I also fancy Generoso (ano bang pangalan yan?), she just said, "that's okay, we'll both have a crush on him, then." Bait talaga ni Teeny.
12) My first crush was Ryan Molina. To my high school classmates/batchmates who went gaga over him when he was the corp commander of the CAT, I saw him first!!! Hehe, joke! The first and last time I was in the same class with him was in 2nd grade. And yes, young though I was then, I was already attracted to his charming smile. :-) Lagot ako pag nabasa ni Ryan 'to. Hehe.
*I'll post a picture of our 2nd grade class picture. :-)*
13) Ok, this is a big confession: I took voice lessons when I was in 6th grade and yet I still don't know how to sing well. *blush*
14) I was "conduct awardee" in grade school. Why am I putting that up? Well, I was very irresponsible (even though I was a class officer in the 6th grade) and very talkative (yep, I would talk to my classmates while the teacher was explaining). I remember our adviser skipped announcing who the conduct awardee was. If Abby Agaton didn't ask her, she would have totally forgotten it. And right before she said my name, she gave out this huge SIGH. Hehe. I believe she didn't think I deserved that award. Well, I didn't think so either. Up to know I'm still wondering how and why I got that award.
15) I didn't expect I'd be in the top 10 the first quarter of our first year (St. Agnes). I barely made it to the top 10, but I'm grateful I was there. It came as such a surprise for me. I was in a freshman class composed of 2 valedictorians and 9 salutatorians. I figured, that's already Top 11. So, I thought there would be no more room for me.
16) I didn't have a crush during my freshman to junior year in high school.
17) I was seated next to Mary Jane M. Manalang (hi Pakner!) - for three straight years! (St. Barbara - St. Dominica)
*I'm still looking for a picture of me with MaJane in HS*
18) A significant change in my life happened when I joined Christ's Youth in Action (CYA) during my senior year in high school.
19) In relation to #18, I was the youngest member then of CYA-UST, an organization for COLLEGE students.
20) In relation to #s 18 and 19, I was told by my mom to join CYA when I was 10. She said it in passing while I was reading Archie comics. I heard what she said then forgot about it. I only remembered it when I finally joined CYA
21) I had a difficult time adjusting to life in the US. For 3 years, I would sigh and say, "I want to go home," while I'm in class. And my classmates would say, "We're almost done with this class, do you have classes after this?" I would say, "NO! I want to go HOME!" (emphasis on the HOME with a whiny tone and I wouldn't explain to them that I meant the Philippines when I say home).
22) Because of #21, I became a loner, with not much desire to join clubs, or participate in activities. Quite a change from my high school days, when I didn't know which Club meeting to attend at a particular day.
23) I chose the wrong emphasis for my major because I didn't fully understand what the emphases were. I chose Genetics and Development when I truly wanted was either Cell and Developmental Biology or Biochemistry. I found out my last semester in college. Hehe ... too late!
24) It took me two years to pray for and discern what my state-of-life (whether I'm for marriage, single-blessedness, or religious life) will be.
25) I don't know what I want with my life right now. I'm in a limbo and it's not a pretty one.
7 comments:
binut! parang hindi ikaw yung bata! hehehe! onins muhlach nga, nyehehe! =P grabe, naitabi nyo pa yung first toy mo at yung pillow mo? nakabaul na siguro yon no?
on #12, crush ng buong Model Company si "Sir Ryan"! pati mga members ng "st. dominique" no! ini-stalk pa namin yon sa CAT office, bago mag-uwian from training. hehehe!
on #16, sabi mo freshman to junior year, well, what happened nung senior year? *wink*
and kulit mo pala nung bata ka! at kaya pala ang galing-galing mo sa chem, 7 yrs old pa lang alam mo nang H2O ang water! =P
i had a blast reading your 25 binutfacts, gusto ko lagyan ng comment bawat isa, but that would be a complete blog entry for me. hehehe! =P
hehe. sabi ko sa inyo eh. nino mulach talaga. favorite picture ko yun.
di naman sila nakabaul, pero I made sure dinala ko sila dito nung nag-migrate na kami.
alam ko sikat na sikat si Ryan nun, pero di ko alam may mga stalker pala siya! grabe ha! nabasa ba ni Alfredo yang comment mong yan? :-P
i'm glad u liked the binutfacts. nag-enjoy akong isulat siya. :-D
heya! nino muhlach nga pakner! =D
i enjoyed reading your 25 things.. =) with pictures pa! =D
how come i dont know who ryan molina is.. =S dahil ba nde ako nagCAT? pero kasama kita sa thomasian quizzers di ba pakner?
janey, kasi you're into someone else during that time. mwehehe! ;-P
Ryan Molina, grabe, may asawa na ba sya? *wonders* ay, happily married na nga pala ko. mwehehehe! i hope di mabasa ni je yung comment ko, pero binabasa nya rin mga blog nyo eh, yari!
hi hon! muah muah! *sabay yakap* =P
Haha! Beng, sobrang natawa ako sa comments mo. :-)
Jane, yep la ako sa CAT, pero I already knew Ryan Molina from grade school. So, when I saw him sa USTHS (knowing he was from UST EHS), I asked him what he was doing there. Tapos, yun nga, nalaman ko Corp Commander siya sa CAT. Tapos, may mga balita din ako from Elem batchmates na nag CAT like si Olive and Abby. Alam ko may na-upset na si Yza ang partner niya sa isang CAT event or something. Di ko na matandaan 'to pero naging big issue siya dahil madaming nagselos. Hehe.
Grabe! Naalala ko itsura ni Ryan, with braces. Ang cute nya! :-D
Buti na lang, di nagblo-blog si Ryan or nag fri-friendster, kundi patay tayo Beng! :-P (kakahiya kay Sir Ryan)
Beng, he's married na, according to his friendster account. Look him up - Ryan Molina, may picture nya. Cute pa din sya. Pero, suplado! Di man lang ako in-add. >:-(
hahaha! para tayong stalker binut! =P
btw, sa UST ka ba nagjoin ng CYA? kami nila janey, nag-Thomasian Volunteer nung college sa CCM, Center for Campus Ministry. kulet ng mga tao dun! =P
Beng, yep! sa UST ako nag CYA. And, in a way, affiliated ang CYA sa CCM, though di ako naging familiar sa CCM. :-)
Post a Comment