We went to sleep at around 3 am on New Year's Day. I was woken up by my dad at 11:30 am telling me to get up 'coz we're leaving at 12:30 pm. I asked, "Who's we?" He said, "You, Daryl, etc." My cousins who I went to HP 4 Imax movie with. But in the end, because of the strong storm (it felt like we were living parts of the War of the Worlds movie), we ended up staying at home.
When I went down (5 families were staying in one house), my aunts and uncles were already watching Magnifico (a Filipino movie that won international acclaim). I sat down and watched it with them. I think I saw only the last 1/3 of it. We were all sitted right next to one another in a row. And we all started crying, including my 6 foot tall uncle. It's a memorable "family" moment for me. That movie was such a tear-jerker. Filipinos are good at that - writing and filming such a tragic story. I'm not going to describe what the movie was about. I might end up crying if I do that.
When I went down (5 families were staying in one house), my aunts and uncles were already watching Magnifico (a Filipino movie that won international acclaim). I sat down and watched it with them. I think I saw only the last 1/3 of it. We were all sitted right next to one another in a row. And we all started crying, including my 6 foot tall uncle. It's a memorable "family" moment for me. That movie was such a tear-jerker. Filipinos are good at that - writing and filming such a tragic story. I'm not going to describe what the movie was about. I might end up crying if I do that.
No comments:
Post a Comment