So just came home from my first CSI (Catholic Studies Institute) class. And maybe I'm just being my usual pessimistic self, but I felt disappointed with the class. :-( I came to CSI, with a certain level of yearning. And somehow, I felt let down. The class did not match that level. SIGH.
I guess I was expecting too much. I thought there will be a planned, organized lecture. Instead, we were asked to skim through certain sections of the Cathechism of the Catholic Church (to my HS classmates, remember those days with Ms. Jamilla?) and if we have questions voice them out. Then the professor will answer the questions.
I dunno. I really dunno. I thought that I'd come home from CSI and type up all the things that I learned. Though I'm not that much of an organized person when it comes to my belongings, I have difficulty learning something that's not presented in an organized fashion.
I hope it gets better. I hope that the class was as such because it was the first day and it was the introductory day.
On the bright side though, I got six books at a bargain price. If I bought them online, I would have to pay 2x as much as I did. And I think they're great books. Others might not find them that interesting, but being that I do have a yearning for anything Catholic, it's pretty interesting for me.
Hopefully, I'll find time to read at least a book tomorrow. :-)
I guess I was expecting too much. I thought there will be a planned, organized lecture. Instead, we were asked to skim through certain sections of the Cathechism of the Catholic Church (to my HS classmates, remember those days with Ms. Jamilla?) and if we have questions voice them out. Then the professor will answer the questions.
I dunno. I really dunno. I thought that I'd come home from CSI and type up all the things that I learned. Though I'm not that much of an organized person when it comes to my belongings, I have difficulty learning something that's not presented in an organized fashion.
I hope it gets better. I hope that the class was as such because it was the first day and it was the introductory day.
On the bright side though, I got six books at a bargain price. If I bought them online, I would have to pay 2x as much as I did. And I think they're great books. Others might not find them that interesting, but being that I do have a yearning for anything Catholic, it's pretty interesting for me.
Hopefully, I'll find time to read at least a book tomorrow. :-)
2 comments:
Am also hoping that your classroom experience improves. FWIW, I have also been to some classes wherein it started out feeling disorganized because the students and teacher were still trying to get a feel for each other but later the whole experience improved.
So what books did you get? :)
siguro nga kasi first day kaya ganon. if you really yearn to learn, it will come out naman sa mga susunod na classes nyo eh. baka ma-challenge pa sayo yung prof nyo. hehehe! goodluck! =)
Post a Comment