
My godson, Keiffy, or Ryan Keith Jr is 4 years old. He's the son of my friend, Krys, who I've been friends with since 1998.
Anyway, Jen and I (you remember Jen from a previous post, right?) went to Sacramento to visit Krys and Keiffy in their newly bought house. Keiffy was a bit sick, with cough and colds and was more quiet than usual.
Keiffy's a really sweet kid. He would kiss and hug you as soon as he sees you, and whenever you would ask him too. My cousins hate doing that. They would complain to me whenever I'd ask for a kiss or a hug, "But we've already done that!"
Keiffy would also automatically say, "I love you, too," when you tell him that you love him. My grandmother who saw him on my mother's 50th birthday told him, "I love you." And he responded automatically with "I love you, too." And my grandmother could never get enough of him ever since. Mind you, that was the first time Keiffy saw my grandmother. Hehe.
Keiffy's real smart, too. His mom, Krys, is a nurse, who works nigh shifts, so he finds her sleeping during the day. He apparently told his mom, "why don't you just quit working so you can spend more time awake and spend more time with me?" This came from a 4 year old, just to remind you.
And just recently, while we were eating dinner at their house, Krys asked me to ask Keiffy 3 + 4. I was astounded. "He knows how to add," I asked. Keiffy's not even going to school yet! But anyway, I asked. And then, Keiffy held up his right arm with four fingers up and his left arm with three fingers up. He then counted each finger that was up and said, "seven!" Jen and I were surprised.
Naturally, we asked Krys how she taught him that. She said that she didn't teach him. He just knew. Keiffy has an older sister, Audrey, who's learning how to add, so maybe he picked it up from her. But still! Just by watching his sister add, he learned how to add himself!
Jen said, "Once I'm pregnant, I would always listen to classical music even though I hate listening to that stuff." See, Krys was always listening to classical music when she was pregnant with Keiffy. It apparently helps with the child's brain development.
Then I said, "so he can do only up to 5 + 5. 'coz that's all the finger he has on each hand." Krys asked me to try asking him anyway. So I asked him 7 + 1. He put up his hands, looked at me and said, "I can't do that!" Hehe.
I miss that boy already!
Anyway, Jen and I (you remember Jen from a previous post, right?) went to Sacramento to visit Krys and Keiffy in their newly bought house. Keiffy was a bit sick, with cough and colds and was more quiet than usual.
Keiffy's a really sweet kid. He would kiss and hug you as soon as he sees you, and whenever you would ask him too. My cousins hate doing that. They would complain to me whenever I'd ask for a kiss or a hug, "But we've already done that!"
Keiffy would also automatically say, "I love you, too," when you tell him that you love him. My grandmother who saw him on my mother's 50th birthday told him, "I love you." And he responded automatically with "I love you, too." And my grandmother could never get enough of him ever since. Mind you, that was the first time Keiffy saw my grandmother. Hehe.
Keiffy's real smart, too. His mom, Krys, is a nurse, who works nigh shifts, so he finds her sleeping during the day. He apparently told his mom, "why don't you just quit working so you can spend more time awake and spend more time with me?" This came from a 4 year old, just to remind you.
And just recently, while we were eating dinner at their house, Krys asked me to ask Keiffy 3 + 4. I was astounded. "He knows how to add," I asked. Keiffy's not even going to school yet! But anyway, I asked. And then, Keiffy held up his right arm with four fingers up and his left arm with three fingers up. He then counted each finger that was up and said, "seven!" Jen and I were surprised.
Naturally, we asked Krys how she taught him that. She said that she didn't teach him. He just knew. Keiffy has an older sister, Audrey, who's learning how to add, so maybe he picked it up from her. But still! Just by watching his sister add, he learned how to add himself!
Jen said, "Once I'm pregnant, I would always listen to classical music even though I hate listening to that stuff." See, Krys was always listening to classical music when she was pregnant with Keiffy. It apparently helps with the child's brain development.
Then I said, "so he can do only up to 5 + 5. 'coz that's all the finger he has on each hand." Krys asked me to try asking him anyway. So I asked him 7 + 1. He put up his hands, looked at me and said, "I can't do that!" Hehe.
I miss that boy already!
3 comments:
awwww, ang galeeeeng! he's so adorable, based pa lang yan sa kuwento mo ha. =) makes me wanna have a kid of my own na. hehehe! ;-)
you should teach him how to count his toes too! so he could add up to 10 + 10. hehehe! =P
uyy ... mukhang may plano na yung isa diyan na mag-anak na ah! go b-harbs! punta ako Florida pag pinanganak na yan! :-)
hehe ... I like the idea of counting toes. I won't see him for another couple of weeks, but when I do see him, I'll tell him. And then I'll report back to you what happened.
good! well, if he's flexible enough, he could use his tongue too, to make it 21. hehehe! =P
no baby plans yet binut, but you'll be one of the first few people who will definitely know about it. ;-)
Post a Comment