I thought of the movie, NeverEnding Story, earlier this morning. So, I thought of Jason Richter (of Free Willy) who played the lead in one of those movies, and Jonathan Brandis. And I remembered Carminda, a high school classmate and friend, who had such a devotion to Jonathan Brandis. I'm not sure if Harbie or Jane or Erlyn read her "Sweet Dreams" like novels with Jonathan as the lead character, but I know Malou and I did. (hehe ... dawit si Malou). Anyway, so I thought to myself, "whatever happened to him?" And I vowed that I will look him up to know what he's been up to.
To my surprise, I found out that he died. I don't know if any of you knew this, but I certainly didn't. And he died tragically (I thought through an accident) by taking his own life. I was shocked. I was saddened. I wonder how Carminda reacted to that news. I know she probably doesn't care about Jonathan Brandis anymore. But still, he was part of her past. Hmm ...
Wednesday, April 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Yeah, I remember reading about his death a long time ago. I think I was looking for Seaquest DSV related news and I stumbled across an article about his suicide.
yeah, i remember carminda going gaga over him. =) kawawa naman, what a way to go. di na siguro makayanan yung fame? tsk tsk. some people will kill to be famous, he killed himself for being famous naman.
and fyi, hindi ako mahilig magbasa ng sweet valley books non, i was into Archie. hehehe!
B-harbs, I like Archie too no! Pero syempre, basa pa rin ako ng Sweet Valley and Sweet Dreams. :-)
oh and mind you it was carminda who told me that he died of suicide. hehe
yep ... figured that after all these years, carminda would still know. :-)
Post a Comment