Friday, June 02, 2006

A BIT OF AN ADVENTURE

I'm not an adventurous person. I won't bungee jump or skydive. It's just not me. As my friend always says, I'm a structured person. I don't usually go beyond the structure I've built for myself over the years.

I like comfort zones. I like staying in them. It's funny how people in SFC think that my bestfriend is the one who never gets out of her comfort zone. It's funny they don't recognize that I, too, hide within my comfort zone most of the times.

Yesterday, I was a bit different. I stepped a bit out of my comfort zone and truly enjoyed the experience. I work at a pretty developed place in the City (though not the downtown, financial center area), where there are a lot of shops, and wonderful places to eat.

Last night, a former co-worker of mine and I agreed to have dinner. She asked where I wanted to go. I told her, I'm fine with anything as long as it's not Japanese. I was already thinking of the usual places we go to near our work, trying to guess which one she will end up choosing. Imagine my surprise when she said, "Cheesecake Factory?"

What's wrong with Cheesecake Factory, you ask? I love the Cheesecake Factory. I love their food and their Cheesecake. But, it's in downtown San Francisco. And though I love the San Francisco downtown area, I don't go there by myself. And never have I driven to that area by myself. It's an area that I'm not too familiar with - where to park (there's not much parking around that area), where the shops are, how to get there, and how to get back home.

But I said yes to her, though I was really expecting that she was going to come to where I work 'coz it's close to her home anyway. So, I looked up the directions to the Cheesecake Factory. I looked for the nearest parking garage. And headed off, by myself, to the Cheesecake Factory (drama ko ba? I'm just not used to going off on my own to an area I'm not familiar with).

I followed the directions, and I actually enjoyed driving through streets that have never been charted by me. I was looking at the buildings and the places, and started wondering, why haven't I driven here before?

I got to the place early and reserved our place. I had to wait for my friend for about an hour. And though I feared that I would feel looking foolish waiting by myself at the Cheesecake Factory, for some reason I didn't. Makapal na mukha ko. YAY! :-)

Anywho, my friend finally got there. We ordered Avocado Roll (I guess this is only in Cali?), Salad for her (she's on a diet), Pasta with Pesto, Chicken and Mushroom for me, then we shared a Godiva Cheesecake. I was so full!!! I couldn't even walk.

I'm glad she chose Cheesecake Factory. And I'm glad I went even though it meant I needed to step out my comfort zone a bit. :-)

*`*`*`*`*

Last night, I was chatting with my cousin. She sent me a music file of her cousin playing the piano and singing. It sounded like Bukas Palad even though there was only one person singing. He mixed all his voices. And it was so beautiful.

I, for reasons unbeknownst to me, was uninhibited last night (I didn't drink at the Cheesecake Factory, I swear). I asked my cousin if her cousin has a gf. And she ended up being the middle woman for us both.

We were both joking. And I hope we both know that. :-P Anywho, that's something I won't normally do - joke around with some unknown guy and let him know I'm interested in him. I'm such a serious person, I don't know how to joke. But last night, I did. =)

*pats myself on the back*

6 comments:

beng said...

no alcohol sa cheesecake factory? it's probably the cheesecake then. hahaha!

kudos gurl! congrats you didn't get lost! *pats you on the back too* ;-)

the pat is for something else. mweheheh!

Binut/Keyt said...

yeah ... probably is! I want more! Next time I go there, I'll go only for the cheesecake. Yum!

I didn't get the "the pat is for something else." expound please. :-)

jane said...

i wonder when ill get a pat on the back for not getting lost.. uhmmm.. anywhere.. hahahaha! =p

Binut/Keyt said...

di ko gets ulit ... bakit, Jane, lagi ka bang nawawala?

jane said...

yep pakner! ="> wala kong sense of direction e.. hahahah!

Binut/Keyt said...

wow! can't believe that! wow, janey! 8-O