My eyes are only half open. All I could think of each and every minute of every day for the past 6 days is sleeping. I lack sleep. I need sleep. But I couldn't get enough sleep. So, what do I do? I pig out on junk food - this is my solution for lack of sleep. My body does not feel right. My body is tired. It wants rest. But I can't give it enough rest. So I give it junk food instead. Nice logical thinking, right? :-P
So, why am I tired? Well, I haven't been getting enough sleep. And it started Friday night, or should I say Saturday morning?
We threw our friend, Ferlie, a surprise birthday party on the 20th, Friday. We made it her twice Debut party complete with 18 candles and roses. The last of the guests left at around 1:30 am. Lau, Ferlie, and I stayed behind at She's to hang out. There's so much we needed to talk about - Ferlie had great news. She (not she as in the female counterpart of he) had some news, too. And we helped She clean out a bit. Then we went home. I couldn't sleep until 4 am. I imagined, as I drifted off to sleep, that I would wake up at 1 pm the next - well, that same - day. But to my suprise, I was wide awake by 8 am. I tried going back to bed and I just couldn't sleep. Anyway, Saturday was a bit of a long day for me.
Saturday, the 21st, was Ferlie's real birthday. It was also Pacquiao's big fight against Morales. So, my uncles gathered to watch "THE BIG EVENT." I was designated driver 'coz if there's a boxing match, it follows that there will also be lots of drinking. I didn't stay for the whole match though - I went to dinner with Ferlie, Lau, and Elaine at Patio Filipino (a very classy, elegant-looking Filipino restaurant in South San Francisco), then went to see the fight a bit (I saw the 1st - 4th rounds and believed in my heart that Pacquiao was surely going to lose), then went to pick up my cousin, then went back to have dessert with the birthday celebrant. Then it was time to go back to my uncle's. When I got there, they were playing 20 Q, a hand-held game that makes you think of an object and asks you 20 questions to figure out the answer. If it made the wrong guess on the 1st try, it'll ask 5 more questions and guess again. Most of the stuff we thought of were guessed correctly by the machine. My aunts and uncles were boggled out of their wits. They were even accusing the game of being "demonic." Though they tried really hard, they just couldn't outwit the game. They thought of weird stuff like dentures (it guessed tooth on the first try), poop (guessed it correctly), fart (it guessed "nothing," which my aunt argued is what fart is), booger (guessed it correctly). The only thing it couldn't guess was boxer (not the dog, but the athlete like Pacquiao is). It guessed river (I have no idea where it got that) on the first try and BATMAN on the second try. Weird. But still my aunts and uncles were amazed. They couldn't fathom how a tiny handheld game knew they were talking about a human being. Hmm ... So because of that addictive game, we got home pretty late. Then I went online and chatted with a dear sister until 3:30 am.
I didn't wake up that early on Sunday morning, but I was still sleepy from yesterday's measly 4 hours of sleep. I was tired. I didn't do anything productive, though I went to Mass. That was it. I planned on sleeping early that night, but I ended up watching Mr. and Mrs. Smith with my mom until 12 mn.
Monday morning, I didn't want to go to work. But I did. I was like a zombie walking the halls of our 15th floor lab. I don't even remember the experiments we did that day. After work, I went to Abi's for our HH meeting. It was fun hanging out with the sisters, plus Paulo. :-) Got home at around 11. Talked to Lau til 12:30 am. I really need a change of habit. I need to sleep early.
Tuesday - woke up at 5:30 am. still lethargic. don't remember what I did at work again. Oh wait! One experiment worked! It was an exciting day for us at work! YAY! Then went home, helped my mom compute her students' grades. Tried to read a bit for my class. Was really sleepy. didn't finish book. slept at 9:30 pm. Woohoo!
Wednesday - didn't wake up early. still lethargic. golly that was only yesterday and I don't remember what I did. I really need to sleep. This post is no longer making sense. Had my class last night. Better than last week, though same format. Talked to a brother til 11 pm. Finished reading "The Westing Game" (a children's book lent to me by my co-worker), pretty interesting book. Slept at 1 am.
Thursday - I want to go home and sleep. I really do. See the deteriorating writing? From complete sentences to phrases. Brain shutting down. Eyes are still half open. It wants to close, but I can't let it close. SIGH! I should have taken the day off. WAAH!!!
Thursday, January 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Umuwi ka't matulog ka na. :-P
See you at the breakfast on Saturday (and I expect to see you up front with the music ministry). :-)
wahaha! I like that advice! I really like it! But won't follow it. Need to work. But also need to sleep. Maybe I'll nap at work. :-P
Haha! If I'm a zombie on Saturday, you wouldn't want me up there with the music ministry, would you? That's bad representation right there!
A short nap would probably help, actually. I do that myself a lot here at work. If I feel really tired and sleepy in the afternoon, I close my office door, turn off the lights and take a 15 minute nap. That usually helps me get my energy back and I can work with a clear head through the remainder of the afternoon.
Okay lang kung mukha kang zombie sa harap, basta kaya mo pa rin kumanta at tumugtog ng gitara. :-)
heya binut! loooong week! kaya pala tagal ng next update. hehehe!
anyways, i didn't know you play the guitar. all i know is you're famous in high school for playing the piano, especially nung Jeopardy ng clubs natin kasi kayo lang ni kuya Rudi may alam nung notes. hehehe! =P
ang solusyon ko dyan, "mag exercise tayo tuwing umaga, tuwing umaga..." :p i'd try to start in february. i would try. (iam convincing myself.)
wow. nice blog. thanks and God bless
hehe ... Harbs ... thanks to Malou, natuto ako kahit papaano maggitara. Shempre, wala ako sa kalidad nila Sam, Janelle, Lavinia, and Malou. Pero nakakatugtog pa rin kahit papaano. ;-)
Malou, cge gagaya ako. Starting February (sana 1 ako magstart no? =P) mage-exercise na rin ako.
Post a Comment