Malou just had a post on the famous Divisoria Mall, 168. As I mentioned in my comment on her blog, my friends who went back to the Philippines before me could not stop talking about the many great deals you can get at 168 and insisted that I check it out when I get there. So, I, too went there once and got my mom what she truly wanted, the full Attic Cat DVD set. I didn't buy a lot, since I wasn't really in the mood to shop that day. I never was in the mood to shop when I was in the Philippines. I don't know why. Anyway, but apparently there are a lot of great deals there.
I was surfing the blog world earlier, and I found myself reading Nina Corpuz's (from ABS-CBN) blog. And guess what? China Cojuangco, Imelda and Imee Marcos, Gina de Venecia are apparently "frequenters" or "suki" in 168. I was surprised to find that out. If you want to read more about Nina's story, CLICK HERE
6 comments:
Man, I feel so out of the loop now. I had never even heard of 168 until I read this blog entry.
Of course, the last few times I was back in the Philippines I think I spent more time in Bacolod than in Manila. :-)
That and when I was in Manila if I wanted to go out it was either to Makati or Alabang.
So China Cojuangco likes to shop there, huh? Neat. I have to say that I encountered the Cojuangco sisters around campus a few times in Ateneo and they pretty much kept a simple, low profile.
well, sikat ata yung 168 among Chinese communities eh. probably because they own majority of the stalls there too. =)
Di ka kasi Manileno, K. Junby. Para lang yun sa amin lumaki sa area malapit sa Divisoria. :-) And sosyal ka kasi masyado - Makati and Alabang! :-P
Accdg sa report ni Nina, yeah, China's one of the regular costumers. :-)
B-harbs, oo nga no. di ko naisip yun. hehe
Oh, hush. :-P Remember that I was raised in the ParaƱaque area when I was little and when I went back to go to college I was in Ateneo in Quezon City. So, growing up days hitting the mall usually meant going to Makati. College days, hitting the mall usually meant rounding up several people and taking a cab to MegaMall or Sta. Lucia.
kuya junby, san ka sa paraƱaque? dun ako nag-work sa area na yon for more than 3 years, at Alabang Town Center nga ang gimikan ng mga tao. parang preview ng mga malls dito sa US. ;-)
Harbie, our house is in Marcelo Green Village, which is off of the service road between Bicutan and Sucat.
Post a Comment