Hehe! I'm giving myself a pat on the back. After two days absence from work, I finally showed up today and was totally swamped with work. I came in early and left late. I haven't done that in 3 years. Hehe. I worked for 10 1/2 hours. Shucks! So unbelievable!!!
To those who don't know, I usually just work 6 hours. Sipag ba? :-P That's one of the advantages of working in a lab. If you can get your experiments done quickly, then you can get out of there early enough. There were times when I would come in at 11 am and leave at 6 pm. So, today's 10 1/2 hour work was a record for me! YAY!
*pats myself on the back*
I hope I don't get sick tomorrow. I'm really tired. SIGH!
To those who don't know, I usually just work 6 hours. Sipag ba? :-P That's one of the advantages of working in a lab. If you can get your experiments done quickly, then you can get out of there early enough. There were times when I would come in at 11 am and leave at 6 pm. So, today's 10 1/2 hour work was a record for me! YAY!
*pats myself on the back*
I hope I don't get sick tomorrow. I'm really tired. SIGH!
PS to Kuya Junby
I tried looking for you on friendster. Couldn't find you. You didn't use "Junby," did you?
13 comments:
wow! sarap naman ng work sched mo! eh pano pag 2 hours lang tapos ka na? that's it for the day!?
btw, welcome back! i hope tuluy-tuloy na yung pag-galing mo. =)
tsaka nga pala, 10.5 hours is an average for programmers... lalo na pag may deadline. naranasan ko nang mag-overnight sa office ng walang tulugan, sakit sa likod! =P
You're not the only one with more than one nickname. ;)
Hint: The friend we have in common is also from my college and he is getting married towards the end of this month. :)
And yeah, the deadline thing, the worst I ever went through was several years ago when we were doing a major port of our tools from Windows to Linux. Imagine 16 hour (minimum) work days for about 3 months straight (including weekends). Which is why I always tell people who think they want to be software developers that they should be prepared for very long hours. :)
true, true! there's no such thing as an 8 hour work for us.. =( naranasan ko ng lubugan at sikatan ng araw sa office.. =S
BENG - di pa naman nangyayari na 2 hours lang work day ko, kasi we plan a whole day's worth of experiments. Nagkakataon lang na DATI, madadali experiments so, mabilis matapos. :-) Grabe! I'm glad I'm not a programmer pala! Di ko kaya ginagawa nyo.
K. JUNBY - found you at last. Grabe! Took me a while. Thanks for the clue. I immediately thought of Joel when you gave that clue.
Halos lahat pala ng nagbabasa ng blog ko programmers. :-) Good to know! Hehe. Pero, kudos sa inyo for your dedication sa trabaho nyo. Di ko kaya ginagawa nyo!
hehehe! well, for one, pag software engineer ka, unlimited access sa pc at internet. so pag di na mapagana ang ginagawa, internet ang "lakwatsa", no need to leave your cube. =P
junby, i haven't gone that far, 30 hours straight pa lang yung worst ko. dinalhan na ko ng parents ko ng pamalit na damit at pagkain sa office, walang ligo-ligo, mapapasma daw ako, hahaha! btw, you know linux? is it the same as unix? more on c++ on unix ako eh. =)
binut, sowee, bulletin board na naman blog mo, hehehe! =P
BENG - tindi mo ah! 30 hours straight! Shucks! di ko kaya!!! *iiling-iling*
May times din na surf ako ng surf ng internet. Ewan ko kung natatandaan mo 'yung puro Survey ang Friendster BBs. Tapos ako sagot ng sagot ng surveys. Hehe. Dami ko kasi lag times dati sa work. As in 1-2 hours akong walang ginagawa.
Anywho, feel free to use this comment site as a BB. :-)
I am actually closer friends with Eena (Joel's fiancée) because Eena was also with CYA when she was in AdMU. One of the reasons I am flying back this Christmas is to attend the wedding. :)
harbie: You have hit the nail right on the head. If you are stuck in your office / cubicle and cannot physically leave the building, you take a break by surfing the 'net. :)
Linux feels like Unix, which is supposed to be the point. Most of the tools you work with in Unix are also on Linux or have equivalents. We have not updated our Linux port for several years though; my group has focused back upon Windows development and most of the stuff we have planned for the future involve Win32 / Win64 and .NET.
That time we were working on Kylix, I would often be at the office until almost 2am, drive home, sleep a few hours, wake up at around 5:30am, take a shower and drive back to work. Did that for about 3 months straight. Only thing that kept me going was Red Bull. Copious amounts of Red Bull. ;)
I forgot my manners, sorry. Harbs meet Kuya Junby, Kuya Junby meet Harbs! :-)
Ah! I didn't know that Eena was in CYA. (I know Eena, too, by the way). I talk to Joel more than I talk to Eena. Hmm! I hope I'll see you today at the Assembly/Caroling Practice!
hello kuya(?) junby! *kawai* =D
no prob binut, i just wondered about linux. kasi dati, nagtanong si ria about it, tapos yung mga commands ng unix, gumana din don. dunno anything about it eh. =) btw, thanks for the info kuya junby! bakit nga pala "kuya", ilang taon ka na ba? =D
If I may answer for K. Junby, he's only 2 years older than us. Pero, community brother kasi eh. I have to "show" my respect. :-D
Yeah, I was born in 1978 so I am currently 27 years old. Kate is one of the few people who can call me "kuya" and get away with it since she is actually younger than I am. :-P
"*kawai*"? Dare ka kawai ne? Ore wa kawai ja nai. ^_~
hehehe! sige, "kuya" na rin tawag ko sayo, ka-edad ko lang si binut eh. =)
everybody's kawaii!! =) but actually, yung "kawai" that i was referring to is "kaway" na wave of hand. texting lingo kasi eh. hehehe! galing, you know Nipponggo! =D
Post a Comment