There are some things that I learn vvveeerrryyy slowly.
As I was rummaging through the meaningless pile of papers on my desk at work (I'm not busy today and I'm bored out of my wits), I found this advice that was given to me by Ate Nette Hilario-Andres in 2003. I read it and laughed. I wonder if I learned the lesson already. :-)
"Reject the temptation to use up so much of your energy just agonizing over this individual. The devil wants to distract you with good so you will miss out on what's best.
In the meantime, please try to love the Lord and to serve others, and also to be a good sister to your brethren, and a good friend to both men and women alike. I think you should focus first on friendship rather than on romantic attachments.
Learn how to be a true friend to guys, without planning or hoping later on for those friendships to turn into something more. Serve them with pure agape love. Don't spend time with one guy exclusively lang. Make new friends, and make LOTS of friends.
So, BE A FRIEND FIRST. Friendship is crucial and essential to any long-term relationship. It's not the color of your skin or the shape of your face that's important. It's how you love. It's how you serve. It's how you look UP to God instead of looking INSIDE yourself all the time. It's how you serve others first before you focus on your own needs. That's what will prepare you to be a mature woman of God, whether God wants you to be a wife, a nun or a single person for the rest of your life."
hmmm ...
As I was rummaging through the meaningless pile of papers on my desk at work (I'm not busy today and I'm bored out of my wits), I found this advice that was given to me by Ate Nette Hilario-Andres in 2003. I read it and laughed. I wonder if I learned the lesson already. :-)
"Reject the temptation to use up so much of your energy just agonizing over this individual. The devil wants to distract you with good so you will miss out on what's best.
In the meantime, please try to love the Lord and to serve others, and also to be a good sister to your brethren, and a good friend to both men and women alike. I think you should focus first on friendship rather than on romantic attachments.
Learn how to be a true friend to guys, without planning or hoping later on for those friendships to turn into something more. Serve them with pure agape love. Don't spend time with one guy exclusively lang. Make new friends, and make LOTS of friends.
So, BE A FRIEND FIRST. Friendship is crucial and essential to any long-term relationship. It's not the color of your skin or the shape of your face that's important. It's how you love. It's how you serve. It's how you look UP to God instead of looking INSIDE yourself all the time. It's how you serve others first before you focus on your own needs. That's what will prepare you to be a mature woman of God, whether God wants you to be a wife, a nun or a single person for the rest of your life."
hmmm ...
1 comment:
hmmm, interesting.... may alam ba ko about what she is referring to dito? kahit itsy-bitsy lang? heheheh!
Post a Comment